www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nap Queen. Make your own badge here.

Thursday, August 11, 2005
Why I'm Scared of Having Children
1) No more napping...no more free time.
2) Things will change between me and the rockstar.
3) I will not be able to lose the weight.
4) I will be a horrible parent.
5) My house will get even dirtier and smellier.
6) I will have to work to support someone else.
7) I won't have as much time for my dogs.
8) I will lose whatever small identity I have.
9) I will hate being a parent.
10) It's a life commitment, but totally different from marriage.
11) No more TLC on Saturday mornings.
12) No more sex whenever and wherever it's convenient or desired.
13) No extra money for shoes.


3 Comments:

Blogger Mama Duck said...

Let's see...most of those are true but you get around it. I, who am a total loon when it comes to weight and weight-loss, am even handling it somewhat gracefully. I don't plan on keeping these extra 10 pounds, but I know eventually they wil come off.

TLC on Sat. morning will still happen...if you mean watching TLC that is...Peanut is a big fan of Clean Sweep.

And you will not be a horrible parent. You will muddle through it just like the rest of us. And yes, you might even consider trading your offspring for a pair of Jimmy Choos some days....

Blogger Rhonda said...

#2,5,6,7,10,12,13=TRUE
#1,3,4,8,9,11=NOT TRUE

#1 I love naps more than ANYONE, and still take them all the time. Now it is even more fun because I have a little munchkin to snuggle with.

#2 Things change, but in a good way. It really strengthens your relationship.

#7 Unfortunately, this is true. I swore I would not neglect my first babies, but it is inevitable. I think they hate me now.

#8 You will still have your identiy and a new one--mom. There is nothing better than that.

#11 I still watch TLC and HGTV every day.

#12 Very very true.

#13 It's a compromise. I just buy one pair instead of two.

Blogger Nap Queen said...

Well, I believe both of you, but maybe I'll wait until your girls are in there teens (so I can hear those war stories) before I decide to have my own :)

Post a Comment

<< Home