www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nap Queen. Make your own badge here.

Monday, August 22, 2005
My Dogs are the Bad Kids
So my dogs are the bad kids in school. The kids with issues. The kids that get sent to the principals office. The kids that other parents don't want their kids associating with. We cannot have strangers over, and now it seems that family members aren't welcome either. My mom (who has been over to our house multiple times with no problems) came over this weekend, and they barked and growled at her as if they had never seen her before. I was truly sad, embarrassed and mad.

I just don't get it. They were fine in their foster home, they were fine when I brought them to their new home. They were even fine 8 months ago. I spent a ton of money on obedience training. All I can assume at this point is that I am doing something wrong. They have an unnatural need to be near me and protect me at all times. Did I foster this? Or is it just a part of being a rescue dog?

It just confirms my fears that I shouldn't have children. I will fuck them up royally.


3 Comments:

Blogger roxie said...

that is SO not true, you are a fantastic dog mommy!!!

Blogger Tammy said...

Don't be so hard on yourself! They will be ok. Maybe it's a phase they are going through. Do dogs go through phases?

Blogger Mama Duck said...

Have you seen the way your neighbor's (the one whose name starts with an "M") dogs behave?

I knocked on her door one day and she made the STUPID mistake of saying, "Come in."

I made the STUPIDER mistake of coming in.

Those two little &^%&*&s were all over my ankles like I had broken in or something!

You're doing fine...

Post a Comment

<< Home