www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nap Queen. Make your own badge here.

Saturday, August 20, 2005
Busted on Date Night
So, the rockstar and I decided to go out for a nice dinner last night. We selected South Congress Cafe (which is excellent, btw, for those of you here in Austin). As we waited for a table, I locked eyes with ML, a frat buddy of my ex. Oh crap, oh crap, oh crap, I thought. I hadn't seen this guy in years, but he certainly recognized me. (For those of you who don't know, this particular ex was the only other guy I had ever considered marrying. THANK GOD he never proposed. I got out free and clear with no messy divorce to deal with. That's neither here nor there).

I happen to know that ML and my ex still talk regularly. So what popped into my mind? He HAS to report back to my ex, that I am cute, wonderful and happy with a hot husband. He was on his cell phone, but told me he'd come back by later to say hi. Thank god he didn't because I didn't really want to talk to him.

Of course, the rockstar was blissfully unaware (or so I thought) that any of this is internal dialogue was happening in my head. So we sat down and enjoyed our meal of crab enchiladas (me) and pork tenderloin (the rockstar, yuck), and as we were leaving I got sooooooo busted. Read on, my friends.

As we passed by the friend's table, I (subconsciously, of course) cozied up to the rockstar and held his hand, etc. to show off what a truly wonderful couple we are. After we passed, the rockstar looked at me and said, "I know what you're doing. You're trying to get that friend to look at us so it will get back to your ex. That's cool, but you don't have to be so sneaky about it." DOH! Geez, I hadn't realized that I was so transparent.

As sad as it is, I hope news of our sighting makes it back to the ex in D.C.


2 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

I totally would have done the same thing. Sneaky and all!

Blogger roxie said...

Whoooooops, BUSTED! I bet I would have done the same thing :)

Post a Comment

<< Home