www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nap Queen. Make your own badge here.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005
My milkshake brings all the....oh, who am I kidding...



So, TKW has thought up another way for us to embarrass ourselves.....by posting our school photos. I don't really want to share the horridness that was 6th grade, but it's better than 5th and I'm a follower, so here they are:

First official school photo in 1981 (?)? Check! Heidi outfit (TKW, I think you had one of these, too?) made by Grandma? Check! Hair courtesy of foam rollers? Check! This really was my favorite year in school.

Sigh. I know. You don't have to say a word. Please don't say a word. This was sixth grade. Not a good OR pretty year. Bad, uneven permed hair? Check! Bad bangs covering pimply forehead? Check! Huge caterpillar eyebrows? Check! UNITS OUTFIT COMPLETE WITH BOLERO JACKET? Check! Sadly, that Units getup was my favorite outfit EVER in junior high. I felt so cute and popular when wearing it. Somebody lied to me, and I think it was a Units saleswoman. (If you don't remember Units, lucky you).

Ah, my sophomore year. Things have really turned around at this point. Big hair? Check! Big earrings? Check! Decent make up, skin and clothing? Check, check, check!!!! This was my thinnest year, as well. The glory days, I like to call them.

And here's where school ended for me. College graduation in August of 1999 (I know the photo says May, but that's when I walked. I still had to take summer classes to graduate in August). Not too bad, although it was only 6 years ago. The thing I love most about this photo is the look of sheer joy on my face. I was so glad to be out of school I could hardly stand it. I think I also was a tad frightened, as well .

Hope you enjoyed the trip down my personal memory lane!



7 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

Units! Holy cow, I had totally forgotten about those. I had one or two and LOVED them! What the hell were we thinking?

Blogger Kelly said...

Wow, your hair went from long and full to a bob! Great photos! I played!

Blogger roxie said...

You just get more beautiful every year! I can honestly say, "Ah yes, I remember when!" Lylas, oh wait...

Blogger Mama Duck said...

I don't think we had "Units" up here...counds intriguing though.Is it like GrAnimals for teens?

Apparently NONW of our mothers loved us enough to tell us we needed an eyebrow wax. It is my solomn vow that I will tell The Duckling and Peanut if they need some work on the brows.

Blogger Kami said...

I loved Units, too. My mom still wears hers every now and then, until I get honest on her ass.

Blogger Lucky Lum said...

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about Units!
I love the first pic, you were a doll!!

Great pictures. I dont think I had Units learned something new today at WBW!

Post a Comment

<< Home