www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nap Queen. Make your own badge here.

Thursday, August 25, 2005
Words I'm Trying to Stop Using
I'm taking a short afternoon tea break (trying not to drink so much coffee), and I thought I'd share with you the words (and phrases) I'm trying to stop saying:

1) Dude. I am not a 12-year-old boy, a surfer or a stoner.
2) Sweet. Same as above.
3) ______ is the bomb. I've been told this is no longer cool or hip, yet I still say it.
4) Like. I'm not in Valley Girl.
5) Fucking stop, quit, shut up. I use the F word before everything when I'm yelling at the dogs.

Words and phrases I'm hoping to use more often:

1) Snog, snogged, snogging. Don't know, just like it.
2) Holy crap. Great response phrase to anything. Must be said like Frank Barone.
3) Kicky. Used like this, "Wow, that sure is a kicky outfit she has on." See Fugly.
4) Shag. Shagged. Shagging. Love this one for doing it.
5) Boo. No, not like "my boo". Used when saying boo to someone's outfit like Trent.


4 Comments:

Blogger Kami said...

Yeah, I use "dude" and "fluck" entirely too much. My son once repeated my F word, and I said, "DUCK, honey, DUCK!" The bomb? Yeah, that's old. ;)

Blogger Tammy said...

I'd stick with the first list! :)

Blogger Mama Duck said...

Personally, I'm fond of "wanker" and "bugger off"...the English have much nicer ways of calling people dicks and telling them to f-off.

Blogger Rhonda said...

Oooohhh. I like wanker too. I have to add that to my vocab immediately...ala Bridget Jones.

Great list...maybe I will make one.

Post a Comment

<< Home