www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nap Queen. Make your own badge here.

Sunday, October 30, 2005
Slamming Doors and Throwing Cakes
So, tomorrow is Halloween which means we have a party at work (TKW, this year it's the Plaza party instead of the Records party). I'm hoping the roaches make an appearance for some good Halloween fun.

I volunteered to bring a cake, so spent my afternoon buying groceries and items to make the cake. Then I spent MORE time actually making the cake. It came out of the oven smelling wonderful, and I set it on a plate to cool. After coloring the cream cheese frosting green and frosting the cake, I sprinkled some chocolate chips on the top for good measure. Then I STUPIDLY left the kitchen...

Enter the perp, Doc:



From my chair in the office, I hear my husband say, "NNNOOOOOOOOOO, Doc! Get down, NNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Fuck! STOP it!"

Oh that's just fucking fabulous. I run into the kitchen to find the icing cleanly licked off one entire side of the cake. FUCK!!!!!!!!!!! I was so pissed. Before I could even think I grabbed the plate stormed to the trash can outside and threw it out, slamming every possible door behind me. Had I had my blogging wits about me, I would have calmed down for a second to take a photo of the half-licked cake. Here is what it looked like in the trash (note: you're seeing the bottom and part of the unlicked side of the cake). You were a good bundt cake. R.I.P.:

And here's the plate:


Not that the plate really matters, I just threw in the photo for good measure.

Needless to say, I spent all that time and money making a cake that is now in the trash and will be making its way to the landfill while I am picking up a goddamn cake at H.E.B. that I could have just bought while I was buying groceries this afternoon. FUCK.

I need a nap.



13 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Oh that dog would be so not getting treats for a good long while.

Blogger Kami said...

Well, um, at least you have a good story to tell when they ask why you have a store-bought cake, right?

No?

Okay.

Um...

Well, your plate isn't broken! That's good, right? My damn dog pulled a plate down off the table and broke it. Damn dogs.

Take that dog to Town Lake Animal Shelter in the morning.

Sure.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Better a dog, and knowing you have a licked cake, than a cat, and not knowing you have a cat-saliva-flavored-bunt-cake until you begin to eat it.

Blogger Me said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh.... wow.
Flashbacks.
Thankfulness we now have 2 cats instead. LOL.

Sorry about the cake mishap.

Blogger Tammy said...

Wait!!! You get a party for Halloween?!? Don't we work at the same place - just different cities?

I feel so cheated.

Blogger Rhonda said...

You could have just re-frosted it and brought it in anyway. Most of the vultures here wouldn't have cared.

Blogger Nap Queen said...

Dunkin, I can't say it didn't cross my mind...but damn, i just couldn't.

Blogger Mama Duck said...

Oh. My. God.

I'm really, really, really trying not to laugh, but that is pretty damn cute.

Thank God I'm like 1200 miles away from you at the moment... (grin!)

Blogger Isabel said...

Am so sad for you.

Blogger SuburbanMom said...

Oh my god. I would be so pissed. And to think I was actually contemplating getting a dog. :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once made my friend a Chocolate birthday cake - I wanted to make it with real chocolate. I am not an experience cake maker... that thing ended up weighing like 15 pounds! I don't even want to THINK of the calories in it...

Blogger Cara said...

I used to have a dog like that. Now the stupid x has her, thank gawd. She ate half a pan of lemon bars I had on the counter cooling once. Then she ate an entire Symphony bar - one of those huge ones that are like 4"x7". It didn't even make her sick, damn dog.

Blogger Lisa said...

That is sooo very funny. And it seems like something MY dog would do too. Love it!

Post a Comment

<< Home