www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nap Queen. Make your own badge here.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006
Kami Don't Lie
OMG, I just made the banana bread recipe that Kami had on her blog awhile back. HOLY CRAP it is good. Really good. I didn't have any sour cream, so I substituted non-fat vanilla yogurt and I don't think it made a bit of difference. It's moist (EWWWWW, I HATE that word) and dense and delicious. Kami, you were right, I'll never go back!

So, I got up this morning and walked with my sister, then grabbed some coffee and came home. The plan was to watch Days of Our Lives. Turn on the TV and damn tennis was on. The ONE day I can watch my soaps, tennis has to be on, so I made the banana bread, mopped the kitchen and bathroom (with a mop! and a bucket! and soap! It doesn't happen very often, I'm afraid) and vacuumed the house then ate a piece of banana bread. YUM. I checked back, and lo and behold, they're playing Days late! Woo hoo! So after that, I'm going to walk the dogs, take a shower and take a nap. Can't wait. The only thing that would make it perfect is if it would rain while I was sleeping. Have a great fourth!


13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I luuuuuuuve banana bread. My stomach is rumblin' with jealousy.

Happy 4th to you, too!

Blogger pack of 2 said...

Happy 4th! I LOVE banana bread!

Angie

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Yeah, that Kami is pretty ok. ;)

Girl, it's fixin to let loose here with a major storm so I will take a snooze just for you.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmm...banana bread. And fresh out of the oven is the best.

You want rain? We've had a ton of it here lately...I'll try to send some your way...

I'm making au gratin potatoes and heading over to the parent's house for dinner and then to the cousin's for fireworks.

Happy 4th!

Blogger Kami said...

Told ya. Did you put some butter on it? YUUUUUUMMMM!!!!

Dude. You are still watching DOOL? You'll have to tell me what's up. I quit watching when Marlena was possessed by the devil. That show cracks me up. :)

Glad you liked the bread! Do you want the glaze that is supposed to go on it?

Blogger Lori said...

I think we need more recipe sharing. I've never gone wrong with anything my blogger bitches have posted.

Blogger Liberal Banana said...

Ooh, I'm so with you...rain + nap = utter awesomeness. Glad you had a good holiday!

Blogger The Old Lady said...

Apparently yesturday was a disaster for Soap Watchers. Check out Tammy's blog.

I actually got a nap yesturday DURING THE RAIN!!! Can't remember the last time I got to take a nap at the Shoe.

Blogger Kat said...

Taking a nap while it's raining sounds like Heaven right about now. Wish I were home. :) I love banana bread!

Blogger Angie said...

I'm going to try the recipe tonight. I need some comfort food. I'll let you know how it comes out.

Blogger Lisa said...

Sounds like a really great day. And productive too!

Blogger Tammy said...

Dude. At least it wasn't the space shuttle. It still blows, though.

Happy 4th!

I still have to try that bread!

Post a Comment

<< Home