www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nap Queen. Make your own badge here.

Friday, June 23, 2006
You Better Watch Out...
Cause here comes my new body. Let me explain, I'm not getting new boobs. I had dinner with the fabulous Lucky the other night. She is a really talented photographer, and she's going to take NAKED PHOTOS of me. I'm planning this as a gift for a certain someone *cough, cough*. No, they're for my HUSBAND you dirty-minded hags. Anyhoo, I scheduled the photo session in August so that I have a little less than two months to get my bod into rockin' shape. This should be interesting since I've never had what one might consider a rockin' bod.......and the closer I get to 30 the slower my metabolism seems to get......and I'm on a steroid that "could cause significant weight gain".

Whatevs.

I'm hopeful! I can do it! I want to be healthy! I only want to lose 10-15 pounds! I can do it, right? RIGHT? TELL ME I'M RIGHT!

So here's where I am with this whole "rockin' body" thing. I'm not denying myself any food (except for things like free doughnuts which we have 5 boxes of at work this morning), but I am practicing portion control which is hard for me because I can EAT! A lot! More than my husband! He's 6'1"! I'm 5'2"! It's quite freakish actually. And I'm strangely proud of it.

I am walking the dogs every day because they deserve it, and it's a good extra 30-40 minutes of cardio for me. See? I'm smart, too. Killing 2 birds with one sweaty stone. I'm either waking up and going to the gym (which hasn't happened yet...SHUT UP) or riding my bike which I did Wednesday morning. I went to pilates last night AND did the elliptical machine for 30 minutes AND walked the dogs. I came home and my husband had made brownies. Shit, shit, shit. I ate ONE SERVING. Do you know how hard that is?? I do cause I did it. And it was hard. Like really hard. I woke up this morning and walked the dogs at 6:20, and I'm going to walk 4 miles around the lake with my sister this evening. Whew. I WILL do this.

I am determined to do this, not only for the NAKED PHOTOS but because I want to be healthy. And I've found that the more I work out, the more energetic (and calmer) I am. I don't want to be a slug that sits around on the couch (I AM part slug btw. It's a documented fact). I want to be active and healthy and take pride in my body because, I hate to be cliche, you really do only get one body in this lifetime. I'm trying to make nice with my body because I smoked for 10 years, and did some serious partying. I was a terrible ho to my body for a long time. So, in summary, I want to look good in the NAKED PHOTOS and I also want to be around for a long time. Wish me luck. Hold me accountable. If I post about wanting to give up, tell me you won't be my friend anymore. That should do it....or send me into a brownie eating shame spiral. It's a 50-50 chance, really.


14 Comments:

Blogger Alexiev said...

Muy buen trabajo...
Best regards...

Blogger Rhonda said...

Good luck. Seems we both have the motivation to drops some lbs. We could do stairs at lunch. I just can't walk outside when it is so freaking hot. What do you think?

Blogger Liberal Banana said...

Holy shit - that guy's picture is winking!! That's kind of creepy!

Good for you for having the balls (not literally though, I mean geez I hope not!) to pose nude. I could NEVER EVER in a MILLION GAZILLION years do that. And hey, it's great to have a goal when you've decided to get into shape. I exercised once like two months ago, and haven't tried again since. I'm pathetic. Maybe you'll inspire me! Go, Nappy! Go!

Blogger pack of 2 said...

don't forget to show us the naked pics...I'm just sayin:)

Shelly

Blogger Kat said...

Good for you! Go Nappy Go! You are going to share the pictures aren't you? :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm down for stair climbing at lunch time, too. does the rock star know about your project?

Blogger Unknown said...

Totally jealous...I'm going to make her do this with me next time I'm down there!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can totally do this, although I think you look in shape and fantastic in your profile photo. BUT...naked photos. That's definitely a motivator. Oh and the whole health thing. Sounds like you're already DOING a lot more walking/moving which will help take the pounds/brownies off. :) GOOD LUCK! You're going to post them on Flikr, right?

Blogger Kami said...

Ummmm, I'll be your friend and shit no matter. BUT, YEA! You will love it. I hope she doesn't molest you.

Blogger Lisa said...

Good luck. YOU CAN DO IT! Go Nappy!

Blogger Cara said...

Wowza, naked pictures huh? I have waaaaaay too much weight to lose to even consider that! But I'm sure the Rock Star will love them.

Let me know if you ever want to walk around Town Lake after work or something.

Blogger Lucky Lum said...

I KNOW you can do it! You can freaking ride your bike for 30 miles.

Blogger Lori said...

You're gonna do great! I just woke up this morning and went to the gym at 6 a.m. before work, too. It wasn't *THAT* bad. Maybe I should get naked photos of me too, that will motivate me to keep it up.

And your husband bakes brownies? OK, I'm a lil' jealous...

Go you!!

Blogger Lilah Mum said...

That's awesome!! Guts, seriously. But definitely do it for the energy, and don't be ashamed if you don't lose the weight. After all that pedaling, you've got a great body, and your husband will love any naked pictures...I mean, he did marry the one you've got....

Post a Comment

<< Home