www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nap Queen. Make your own badge here.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Diabla aka Blabs (or Blobs)

I was checking my email tonight, when my cat Diabla started making a horrific noise. I ran into the kitchen to find her panting (tongue hanging out), crying and just lying there, totally limp. I rushed her to the emergency vet, where they immediately did x-rays. She has a pneumothorax, or air in her chest cavity. Normally there is some trauma, like a broken rib, that punctures the lung and allows air to fill up the area around the lung, making it hard for the lung to expand. In Diabla's case, there is no trauma. No broken ribs, no blood, no other injuries. She is in an oxygen tank at the emergency vets where they're going to extract air from the cavity every couple of hours. The did the first extraction about an hour ago, and they said it went well. Air didn't rush in to fill up the cavity which is good, and she was able to breathe much easier after that. She's not out of the woods, though, and she only has about a 50/50 chance of making it, so please keep her in your thoughts.



13 Comments:

Blogger Cara said...

Oh no! Poor kitty :( My hateful cat and I will keep her in our thoughts!

Blogger nodakademic said...

Ooo no, I hope it turns out ok. Sick pets are so scary. :(

Blogger L Sass said...

Poor Diabla! I hope she feels better soon.

Blogger Bella said...

I hope she feels better soon!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, how scary... I hope all is well with her!

How terrible! Poor girl. I will definitely keep her in my thoughts. Hope everything goes well.

Blogger Kat said...

Oh no! Poor kitty! How awful! Hope she is better and home soon!!!!!!

Blogger Lori said...

Hope she's doing better. That must have been scary!

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Oh man, hon. I'm sorry. Get better, Blobs.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm late, so I hope by now Diabla is feeling much better.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope she's okay.

Blogger Kami said...

OH NO! Poor Blobs!!! I hope she is okay!

Blogger Lori said...

Poor baby! I hope she has a quick and fully recovery. It's so scary to go through that with your pets. Hugs.

Post a Comment

<< Home