www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nap Queen. Make your own badge here.

Saturday, September 15, 2007
Hell Hath Frozen Over
Most of you who know me IRL know that my dogs aren't what you'd call friendly, per se. My sister is about the only person they love other than me and the Rockstar. They have to be put up when we have company because they are so protective of us and our home (they are rescued and have issues). I don't think they'd actually hurt anyone, but the barking and growling is enough to scare me and my guests, so for everyone's sake, they go in their crates. (They seem so sweet and innocent, no?)


Well people, hell has finally frozen over.

My friend K (my roomie from college and friend from high school with whom I recently reunited) and I went out last night and after we got back to my house, she wanted to meet my dogs. My response to that is, um, why? But she wasn't scared so I brought them out, and this is what happened:

Hey pretty lady, you should come over more often!

I wish you could see her face, it made the picture so much better, but I didn't ask her if she wanted to be put all over the internet, so this is what you get. HE LOVED HER. I mean, IN LOVE. He wouldn't leave her alone. He was trying to get in her lap and lick her face. He didn't even really want much to do with me. I think she thought I was lying about how crazy they normally are. I didn't get pictures of Dulce with her, but she was all over her too. I think I'm going to try bringing them out more often. All I know, was a bunch of anxiety was lifted last night and I feel so hopeful today.


15 Comments:

Blogger Kami said...

Awwww, your kids ARE good. SEE?

Blogger SleekPelt said...

Hello, Queen of Napville. You don't know me nor I you, but you like A Confederacy of Dunces, which I adore, so I've decided to randomly tag you with a silly little meme. If you care to participate, feel free to visit my blog for details: Reversing the Numbness. If not, have a wonderful life anyway!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kaya, our blue heeler, isn't the friendliest of dogs herself. She adores us in pure cattle dog style, but other people she just doesn't care for.

Rufus, on the other hand, is a dog whore. He'd leave us in a second for anyone who might want to pet him and tell him how cute he is!

Blogger Bella said...

Your babies are growing up!

yeah that is great!

So exciting! It will be so much easier if they dont have to go in their crate when you have company over!

Blogger Addy said...

Such good babies!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, allo puppies.

Liz

Blogger Fightin' Mad Mary said...

My Day-Z is the same exact way (also a rescue) - but I have yet to find someone that she is in love with the way your sweet baby fell in love with K. I guess there is hope...

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My cat did the same thing with our petsitter. I gave her all these warnings about him, and he made me look like a paranoid freak because he could NOT get enough of her. Purring, sitting in her lap, following her around the house. It actually made me kind of jealous!

Blogger Rhonda said...

I have been trying to get you to release your doggies. I want to meet them too.

Blogger L Sass said...

That's amazing! I feel like you never can quite predict who a dog will like. Sometimes they just cozy up to someone for no particular reason!

Blogger The Egel Nest said...

Nappy Taffy -

I had a dog when I was a kid who was VERY selective about being nice to people. He was sweet as ever to me...but was a terror to others...it is a mystery!

Bradley
The Egel Nest

Blogger Lisa said...

Oh yeay. Sounds like your pups are very particular and that they've found a new friend to adore!

Abbeydog is a rescue too. She was a dog whore until we had our son. Now she seems more "discerning" about who she decides to "love."

awe. i know what you mean about having to hide the dogs. ours are pretty hyperactive and will jump all over our guests.

it's so great when they're 'polite' every once in awhile ;)

Blogger Kat said...

Aw, what good puppers!!! :)

Post a Comment

<< Home