www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nap Queen. Make your own badge here.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007
My Feets are Happy
I went to the outlet mall this weekend because I found a Visa giftcard for $100 that was a Christmas present. As in last Christmas. That's what happens when I actually organize. Anyhoo, I found some great clothes (lined, wool pants at Banana Republic for $14.99! Two necklaces and earrings for $30 at WH/BM! Gap capris for $12.99!) But the best steal of the day (which still made me a little sick to my stomach) was the Pottery Barn wool rug I got.

I've wanted a rug since we got rid of the carpet, but our sick kitty (RIP) peed on everything, so a nice rug was always out of the question. I feel so terrible, but now that she's no longer with us it's okay, and when I found this gem, I couldn't pass it up. The "Buy it Now" option on Ebay was $200 more than what I paid for it. (Dulce totally approves. She can't stop rubbing her head on it.) It's sooooo nice on the feet, and just in time for "fall" and "winter".

Also, the door company is coming out to survey the incorrect door so that it can be fixed. Toot sweet people (did any of you ever watch Chitty Chitty Bang Bang? I loved that movie, especially that Toot Sweets song). I'm itching to paint that thing. The light pine wood does NOT GO with anything I have and it's driving me bonkers. Please tell me you can see what's wrong with that panel on the right.


For the love of god.


18 Comments:

Blogger Cara said...

Gorgeous rug! So did it come from the PB outlet or ebay?

I can tell what's wrong with your sidelights, but only because you mentioned it last week. I don't think I would have noticed if I was just visiting or something, but if I had to live with it like you do it would drive me nuts too!

I know how you feel about not being able to get nice things because of your cat. We can't get nice things till our kids get a little older!

Blogger Moi said...

As I said before, I can totally see it. I saw it before you said where to look. I'm ... ummm ... gifted like that.

Also, we could totally meet. The only wallet I re-arrange is my husbands, though I might re-do Kami's now just for fun.

AND (cuz this post isn't long enough) my car is a total disaster. I don't really care. It would send Kami into anaphylaxis.

I have very selective OCD. It drives Mr. Man batty.

Blogger Bella said...

I love shopping and getting awesome deals!

Love the rug.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can see it, but only because you pointed it out before. But I'm with you -- Once I knew it was there, it would drive me insane.

I hate how these simple projects somehow always get dragged out into neverending debacles. Or does that just happen to me?

Blogger Kami said...

SWEET rug. Love it.

Blogger L Sass said...

That rug is great and a fabulous deal!! Rugs are soooo expensive and yet so worth it if your place isn't carpeted. Especially for those of us who enjoy sitting on the floor occasionally.

Blogger Rhonda said...

I am itching for a trip to the RR outlet this weekend.

Love the rug.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That rug is totally gorgeous! A $100 Visa card I didn't know about? I would never have that kind of luck.

LOVE the rug. And seriously - $14.99 for wool pants at Banana Republic? Damn.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love organizing and finding gift cards -- it's like surprise! Free money!

I once found a $25 target gift card in a purse that I hadn't used in nearly a year. It was one of the best days of my life. (Okay, maybe I exaggerate a little. But still. It was a damn good day.)

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Dude, that window is all wonked.

I love the rug and finding a gift card is like heaven.

Blogger Kat said...

I love the carpet! :) YAY for finding gift cards! :)

Love the rug! beautiful and atleast you saved over 200 dollars.

Yes I can see what is wrong with the door. Hopefully they will fix it soon!

Blogger Angela said...

Well thanks a lot, now I want to go shopping too.

Blogger The Egel Nest said...

Nappy Taffy -

We have an outlet mall about 15 minutes from our house...my wife frequently comes home with "bargains"

I notice the sidelight "issue"...that is the kind of thing I could live with but would drive me wife bananas :)

Bradley
The Egel Nest

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am loving that rug...I need to come spend some time in your house...You have things I need to steal...um, I mean borrow. Yes, borrow.

Blogger Unknown said...

TOOOOOOOtally don't see what's wrong with it...I'm not very visually detail oreinted though.

The rug kicks ass though.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that rug.

I actually, I just love everything in your house. If you and the hubs decide to ever just pick up and move and leave everything behind give me a ring.

Post a Comment

<< Home