www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nap Queen. Make your own badge here.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Sign from my Emo Power
Okay, so my last post was all emo and complain-y about "What am I going to do with my life?" and "What is my purpose in life?" Boo fuckin' hoo. Well people, I checked the Austin Community College schedule one last time today to see if anyone had dropped a class. Lo and behold, there was ONE spot in the evening Digital Publishing class at the location that I needed. If that's not a sign, then slap me upside the head. So starting tonight, I'll be in "school" Mondays and Wednesdays from 6-8:40. I guess I need to get one of those trendy messenger bags. Or perhaps some new "sneaks". Seriously, I'm going to be coming from work, so today I will show up in heels and a knit jersey dress. Uncomfortable and dorky. I'm going to be the old, working lady in the class. Wish me luck. It's been 8 years. I'm a little scared.....

On another note, I owe Cara a HUGE thank you for cleaning up my blog template and posting the new masthead I made. She's is the bestest ever. THANK YOU CARA!

UPDATE: Class was okay. The teacher blows. He knows his stuff, but TERRIBLE at getting his point across. We're going to learn Quark the first half and InDesign the second half. I feel smarter already, and since many of the concepts are pretty close to Illustrator, I'm not totally lost. Except when we had to do some MATH people. MATH!!


3 Comments:

Blogger Cara said...

Aww shucks, it was nuthin. You're the one that designed the cute masthead!

Oh man, I would love to take that class! You're going to do great. I would love to take an Illustrator class and a Flash class. Maybe now that Danny's won't be going to work till 1 I could. Hmmmm.....

Blogger Kat said...

That's great you got in the class! Sorry the teacher is a bore, but it sounds like you are going to learn a lot of cool stuff! :)

Blogger Kami said...

WTF is Quark?

Cara is so smart and stuff.

Post a Comment

<< Home