www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nap Queen. Make your own badge here.

Monday, August 29, 2005
Oh DSW, How do I Love Thee? Let Me Count the Shoes...
About 5 years ago, I got the best shoe deal ever. $90 Guess open toe slides for $9 at DSW. I wore them to a friend's wedding. I LOVE them. Always have, always will:

It's hard to see in the picture, but there is black lace and lots of intricate beading. Anyway, I really didn't think that deal could be topped until this weekend's trip to DSW (my FAVORITE shoe store). I had to share it with everyone because only women read this, and I know all of you can appreciate what I'm about to tell you.

See Exhibits A & B. Steve Madden "Lindzie" boots and the inside label:


(Click on the first picture to see a larger look at the cute detailing).

See Exhibit C. The price tag from the box:

The blue tag represents 30% off, so I was looking at $59.90 X 30%. My price was roughly $42. Then, I used my $25 DSW frequent shopper coupon to bring the price down to a cool $17.
That's right $17.

Exhibit D. A link to the SAME shoe on Zappos. I about fell out of my chair. They're still selling online for $121. They were originally selling for $133.95.

Case closed. This was my best shoe deal ever. My work here is done.


3 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

Ohhhhh. I loves me some shoes! and I really loves me some shoes that are on sale!! That's a GREAT deal!

Blogger Rhonda said...

LOVE THEM! Shit, now I gots to go to DSW this weekend. See what you have done?

Blogger Mama Duck said...

Wow. I have a trip planned to DSW in Sept. (God, it's sad, but yes, I've PLANNED a trip all the way to the west side of town)...hopefully I'll find some smashing bargains on "fall" shoes.

I hate that I can't wear flip flops and sandals yesr round here.

Post a Comment

<< Home