www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nap Queen. Make your own badge here.

Friday, September 02, 2005
Horrified
What I'm about to post is hard to read. I read this last night on CNN, and I literally started bawling out loud. This whole situation in New Orleans is just unacceptable. The following just made me sad and angry. So a child loses everything, and we can't let him keep his dog? I'm pissed.

Superdome evacuation descends into chaos
Evacuee: 'I would rather have been in jail'


NEW ORLEANS, Louisiana (AP) -- At the front of the line, the weary refugees waded through ankle-deep water, grabbed a bottle of water from state troopers and happily hopped on buses that would deliver them from the horrendous conditions of the Superdome.

At the back end of the line, people jammed against police barricades in the rain. Refugees passed out and had to be lifted hand-over-hand overhead to medics. Pets were not allowed on the bus, and when a police officer confiscated a little boy's dog, the child cried until he vomited. "Snowball, Snowball," he cried.


4 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

I have been crying all day long about this situation. This truly makes me sad.

Blogger SuburbanMom said...

very sad.

Blogger Tammy said...

That is so sad. I saw that same report on ABC here in Dallas. That is just cruelty.

Blogger Mama Duck said...

I read another account of a nurse that they were evacuating who tried to hock her engagement and wedding rings in order for them to let her take her dog.

They didn't budge.

On a brighter note, one of my neighbors back in Austin keeps sending notices for help in equine evacuation (he's a big horse, trail rider, guy).

Post a Comment

<< Home