www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nap Queen. Make your own badge here.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005
Why is it still 100 degrees outside?
I live in Texas. I was born and raised in Texas yet every "Fall" I wonder why it is still 100 degrees outside in September. As if it is surprising. Or unusual. Or different. But it's not. That is what happens when you live in Austin. I'm not being greedy. I don't need a winter (although I would love some snow), if I could just have a fall. It's hot year round here with some cool days or weeks thrown in. I have pictures of myself in shorts on Christmas. I'm sweating by the time I get to my car after work. I DREAD going outside. I AVOID running errands. I HATE sweating (unless I'm working out, but then I'm not wearing makeup or trying to keep my hair somewhat styled). We have to run our AC constantly. I hate this, yet I still live here. Fall is supposed to be about sweaters and boots, leaves turning colors and falling, being able to leave the windows open during the day, etc, etc. Instead, it is hot as balls outside. There are no sweater and boots, only capris and tank tops. There are no leaves changing color. Only dying grass. Did I mention it is really hot here? A 20 minute walk with the dogs and they are panting for their lives. So why, you ask, do I still live here? Because each year I expect something different. I expect that by some sort of wonderful change in the global climate, we will actually HAVE A FALL SEASON. And that, my friends, is the definition of insanity.


1 Comments:

Blogger Mama Duck said...

Come move to WI...we have fall...and one long mutha of a winter for you to enjoy those boots and sweaters...

Post a Comment

<< Home