www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nap Queen. Make your own badge here.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005
Letter #2 to my Dear Husband
This is just for Mean Coffee since she specifically requested a new post.

Dear My Love-

I know you don't cook very often---neither do I. We truly prefer to eat out or order in. I am fully aware of your love of all things pizza. You're not picky, you'll eat Mr. Gatti's or Papa John's, and you even love a good Digiorno cooked at home in our oven.

That being said, when you choose to cook a pizza at home, I must ask you to never, never, never use a pizza cutter on THE NEW CALPHALON COOKIE SHEET. We have a perfectly good pizza stone. I know the fucker is heavy, but you're a strong guy. I feel quite certain you have no problems lifting it. I was very sad when I pulled out the cookie sheet to bake cookies and it had cut marks all over it. You don't want to make me sad do you? I didn't think so.

I love you. Now next time, use some common sense.

Love,
Your Darling Wife


12 Comments:

Blogger Fabnormal said...

you know what's sad? My husband has probably drafted the same letter to me about putting his $200 global knife in the dishwasher. I'm kitchen dumb. There should be a club. Your husband and I could be members. :)

Blogger pack of 2 said...

Oh men! Watta ya gonna do with them? Um, nevermind...I don't want to know:)

Shelly

Blogger Tammy said...

To my hubby:

What Nap Queen said. Also, should something fall off of the cookie sheet, please wipe it off of the bottom of the oven.

Thanks!

Blogger Kat said...

There seems to be a theme of abused kitchen ware in blog land today. I'm starting to feel guilty about not caring about the way I treat my pans, bakeware, utensils, etc... :)

My husband broke my pampered chef baker this past weekend...wah I had to post about it as well.

Glad you posted and glad Molly said something because I thought about leaving you a comment about it um since MONDAY!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And this is why I buy all of our cookware used, for under $10, at Goodwill.

It's not non-stick, but Ryan can clean it after he's done mangling it with our dull second-hand knives.

Blogger Lisa said...

Great post. DId your hubby see it yet? What did he say? Does he get pissed when you write about that stuff on your blog? Mine does. Sometimes... But he's happy when it makes him look good. heehee.

Blogger Me said...

Oh my... Flashback to 1988. Dh and I - newlyweds. Friend over for pizza. Husband uses pizza cut ON the pan. I freak. Friend laughs; "What in the heck are you supposed to do then? It's a PIZZA CUTTER! I say; Put the pizza on a cardboard disk or other surface but do NOT use it on my new pan!

I had no idea anyone else did/said similar. LOL.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

File this one under the "OHMYGOD (insert name here) YOU DID NOT JUST USE THE BRILLO ON THE NEW COOKWARE?"

Never get between a woman and her overly-ornate cookware.

Blogger Kami said...

OMG, K, use the stone. Lawdie.

Blogger Spikey1 said...

Men. Sheesh. Don't they listen? How many times to they have to be told? I just can't figure them out!

Blogger Kelly said...

Is that why I have scratches on my caphalon?

Post a Comment

<< Home