www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nap Queen. Make your own badge here.

Sunday, June 11, 2006
All About ME, ME, ME
Thanks SFG for giving me the idea for this post.

TxMom asked: If someone gave you $10,000 and told you that you MUST spend it on yourself (not charity, not gifts, not house stuff), what would you do with it?
Well, I would follow in the footsteps of What Not to Wear, and spend a few grand on clothes. Good clothes. And shoes. I would take a really nice trip for a few weeks with my husband, somewhere we could take our dogs with us. With half the money left, I would spend the rest on starting my masters degree.

Wendy asked: Hmmm. I've been wondering about your mention of shoes in your profile. What's the most you've ever paid for a pair of shoes?
Great question, and funny you should ask. I just had a conversation with my good friend E about how much we'll spend on shoes. I am a HUGE bargain hunter, so the most I've ever spent is probably $80 for boots. My latest bargain was a pair of camel Nine West wedges on clearance at Ross for $17.99. I don't like spending over $30 on shoes unless they're a wardrobe staple (good black pumps or boots). I hope that wasn't disappointing.

TBG asked: If you had kids what would you name them?
If we have a girl, Addison May or Addison Ann. (Family names). If it's a boy, Simon or Max. The Rockstar and I agree on the girl's names, but he has vetoed the boy names.

Shangie asked: Have you ever "been with" or made out with a woman? You had to know that would be our question;) And then Kami asked: OOOOOOHHHH, I second Shangie's question.
Nope!! Not even one little kiss! I do have crushes on Elizabeth Hurley and Evangeline Lilly, so if I ever meet them, who knows!! I'm sure my husband wouldn't mind.

HollowSquirrel asked: ok seriously people. How can you follow that question? My "who is your favorite Harry Potter character" just seems so lame now...
Not lame at all!! I LOVE Harry Potter. Harry is actually my favorite character. So humble and sweet :) I love his goofiness, but he's not as disheveled as Ron. (Just FYI, HollowSquirrel is my new favorite blog right now so check her out!) (Oh, and HollowSquirrel? JACK IS MINE!!!! Don't you forget it.)

Isabel asked: Um...what's your favorite kind of Hostess Pie?
Oh my, I haven't had one in a really long time, but I'm going to have to go with cherry. I loves me some cherry pie. I like the Warrant song too, but that's a different post altogether.

Lori asked: If money were no object, what job would you want?
I would love to work at a no-kill shelter. I adore animals and would have at least 5 dogs if I had the space, time and money. I already have the heart.

Amy asked: Where in the world would you like to go on your next vacation?
Definitely a beach somewhere I've never been like Fiji or the Bahamas. Someplace like TKW just went in Mexico wouldn't be half bad, either. I love the slow pace of a beach community.

SFG asked: If you could change lives with someone just for a day, who would it be and why?
Please don't expect anything deep because this is going to sound shallow. I would like to be someone really, really rich that doesn't work for it but not someone who is chased around by paparazzi. I would like to know if it feels as shallow as it looks to most people or if it is as great as I imagine it.

Sweatpantsmom asked: Where did NapQueen and Queen of Napville come from? Do you like to nap? Do you nap frequently? If so, do you prefer napping in bed or on the couch? With Oprah on or off? Before or after the afternoon cocktail? Okay, I'm done.
I truly love a good nap. In the bed. Without Oprah. Definitely in the afternoon, and usually not after a cocktail, unless I'm on vacation. I have loved napping since I was a teen. (Ironically, I hated it as a child, and would do anything to get out of it. I think I caused my mom a lot of heartache.) I love sleeping in a semi-dark room, AC blowing (aka summertime), two pillows, a down comforter and preferably a dog or two snuggled with me. I really love it when I sleep so hard that I wake up disoriented about time and location. And 10-30 minute naps don't count. Uh-uh. I won't accept anything under an hour and a half. More points for drooling. In fact, I'm drooling right now just thinking about it. Okay, I'm off to sleep.

Thanks for playing everyone!!


11 Comments:

Blogger pack of 2 said...

That was so great!

I might want to steal this idea;)

I agree with you 100% about the no-kill shelter job & napping...BUT...I choose blueberry Hostess Pie;)

Liz is hot...I don't know the other girl...Ang said she's hot though.

Shelly

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! I'd been waiting for the answers! That WAS fabulous and fun-- great idea (to you & those before you). And I'm not just saying that because you were so kind to me! Well, I guess if you have Evangeline, then I'll settle for Jack. ;)

Blogger Wendy Boucher said...

Not at all disappointed. I love a bargain myself. My best bargain yet? A very close friend of mine who pays hundreds of dollars for shoes (gasp) gave me a pair of her Louis Vuitton shoes. Personally, I haven't paid more than maybe $120 for some special hiking boots. Otherwise, $30 is about the norm.

Blogger Tammy said...

OMG. I totally love naps too. Sadly, I rarely find time. So, when I do, I really nap.

Blogger Lori said...

I loved the part about napping so hard that you're disoriented. I did that awhile back. After waking up to kids fighting, and trying to sort is out. I walked back into the bedroom, looked at the clock which said 6:30 and then wondered what the hell they were fighting about at that hour of the morning.

Oh, ok, just asleep for a couple hours.

Blogger Fabnormal said...

Now I REALLY feel like I know you since you answered the hostess pie question. It's been on my mind. :)

Blogger Elizabeth said...

You are so right - naps are the best. Let's move to Europe since they do that whole siesta dealio.

Blogger Rhonda said...

Great post!

Blogger Liberal Banana said...

I'm so with you on the nap thing. My bf can take 10-15 minute "power naps" but if I can't get AT LEAST an hour of sleep (and that's a bit too short if you ask me), then I say why bother?

I just bought some kick-ass shoes on Sunday. I'm going to post a picture of them today if I can find one. They are SO. AWESOME.

Blogger Isabel said...

I love this...and you are brave. I would be afraid to do this for fear of what might be asked.

(and now I want to go and take a nap. You made it sound ever more awesome than it is!)

(and hollow squirrel is my new favorite blog also!)

Blogger Lucky Lum said...

Good ones!

Post a Comment

<< Home