www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nap Queen. Make your own badge here.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006
Another Stupid List
Here are some things I feel I need to put down on paper (so to speak):

* Seeing my friend pregnant REALLY made me want to have a baby. Seeing her WITH her baby made me change my mind. Her baby is sweet and precious and beautiful and she's a great mom, but it's not for me....not yet.

* Sometimes, I really despise the 9-5 work environment. I mean, REALLY despise it. Unless work is playing with my dogs or being with family and friends, then yes, I despise it. Mostly because many co-workers bug the shit out of me. (Sidenote: I H-A-T-E it when people insist on playing phone tag and refuse to email me or give me some sort of clue as to what they need. "Hi, this is Jackass, call me back!".....grrrrr.....and what praytell, do you need?)

* On a related note, when I'm taking a personal day, I find that I am obsessed with knowing what the people around me are also doing off of work. Or do they work at all? What do they do that allows them to be running on the hike and bike trail at 10 am? Who goes to Starbucks with friends at 2 in the afternoon? I know, I know, a lot of them could be like me and have the day off, but not ALL of them.

* I really love my husband. I mean REALLY love him. Sometimes it makes my heart hurt. We argue, sure, but we don't name call and we're not mean to each other. He looks at me as though I am the most beautiful creature in the world and I love it.

* I think pilates is my favorite way to exercise, yet I can't make myself go to the classes or watch the DVDs. What's up with that? I KNOW it works faster on my body than any other exercise method, so why can't I make it to two classes a week? Sometimes I piss myself off.

* I worry all the time about where I will be in 10, 20 and 30 years. I know I've said it before, but I'm afraid of being the grandma working at McDonald's because that's my only choice.

* I need to speak up more when I disagree with people. I'm kind of a wuss. I like to tell myself I pick my battles wisely, but I really just hate to rock the boat.

Not the greatest post, but it made me feel better and it's my blog, so there.


25 Comments:

Blogger Whozfan said...

Okay, here is my two cents worth. Try not to hate anyone or anything. It is not healthy or productive. The regret of yesterday and the worry of tomorrow will render you unable to enjoy what you have, Today. Also, you have got what many people would like to have, that being a strong love with your spouse.

Blogger Isabel said...

I loved reading about your feelings for your husband. It's good to be married!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi NapQueen. I liked this post, so I'm glad it made you feel better. Not enjoying what you're doing (job-wise) can be demoralizing and depressing. I don't know much about you, but I hope you can make a change or maybe just lose some annoying coworkers soon. At least you have a rockstar, awesome husband!

As for the shoes (from my site), I'm sending them to Isabel, who will send them to Amalah if they don't fit. And if they don't fit Amalah, I'll ask her to contact you. They'll be well-traveled. There may be other shoes to give away, but honestly, I'm procrastinating on trying them on because I loooooooove them.

Blogger Me said...

I'm surrounded by pregnant friends and a co-worker. They are SO DANG CUTE. I do have 3 children - so I know what it involves and I'm STILL ok with having 2 more. Twins would be nice. ;)

I just want to turn them over to a nanny from about 5-10. :) Those are the years I don't enjoy as much. But babies? OMGosh... give me 10 of them.

Blogger Tammy said...

whozfan - sorry. I hate everybody. :)

Careful. You don't want to happen to you what happened to me, right?

I love when you post about the hubbs. So very sweet.

Blogger Lucky Lum said...

I always wonder about those people that are seemingly doing nothing in the middle of the day...
Do that many people not work??

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Hey sometimes you just gotta empty the mind. :)

I thought that was great sometimes it is just nice to get it out!

I like the first one with the friend and baby, I totally agree!

Blogger Rhonda said...

I think this was a great post.

And despite what whozfan said, "hating" people is perfectly understandable and acceptable.

I look out my window at the people playing with dogs at Town Lake in the middle of the day, and wonder WTF. I want their life.

You will not need up at McD's. You are too very talented for that.

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm with you on the speaking up issue, I hate confrontation.

I hit the boiling point yesterday and it's amazing what adrenaline will let you do that you normally wouldn't.

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm with you on the speaking up issue, I hate confrontation.

I hit the boiling point yesterday and it's amazing what adrenaline will let you do that you normally wouldn't.

Blogger Fabnormal said...

I thought it was a DAMN fine post. :) And your husband looks at you like that because you're a damn fine woman! :P

Blogger Liberal Banana said...

I am SO with you on the first three things especially. (Except that I NEVER want a baby. But being pregnant looks cute...or something.) In my current position, I'm hardly ever on the phone - but phone tag (espeically without knowing what it's about) drives me nuts. And yes, whenever I'm off of work and other people are also not in the office, I'm like "HOW ARE YOU ABLE TO NOT BE AT WORK RIGHT NOW??" I think they're all stay at home moms or people who work for themselves who make their own appointments. Ah, that would be the life.

Blogger Meg said...

I'm with you on the pg friend vs. new mom friend thing. Totally.

Blogger Kat said...

I'm so with you on wondering who those people are that are out playing... what job do they have and how I can get one like it? Love it when you talk about your hubs!!! :)

Blogger Unknown said...

I wonder the same thing about those people playing, jogging, shopping in the middle of the day.

Despise phone tag. Prefer email but bossman always wants me to call the people...who still does that?

Glad this post made you feel better. It's good to see it in writing and reflect. Thanks for sharing.

Blogger Lisa said...

I really liked your list. I feel like you gave us a glimpse into your life. You are one cool chickie!

Blogger Melanie said...

Did I write this??? I feel the same way about a lot of those. I also wonder what all those people are doing in the middle of the day. I think some of them are in sales like me and they have found a way to squeeze personal time into work time. And we do have a lot of "meetings" at Starbucks!

Blogger Wendy Boucher said...

Blogs are the best place for stupid lists (your words, not mine). Everybody should have a blog for venting. We might have world peace.

Blogger roxie said...

I wish I had a *favorite* way to exercise, they all seem like too much work to me!
p.s. you are no wuss!

Blogger SuburbanMom said...

yeah, babies are a crap load of work. Definitely think think think about it.

Blogger Wendy Boucher said...

Hi, me again. I would have off blogged you but I can't see an email for you. I just thought that you might like to see the cat picture I finished. http://wendyboucher.blogspot.com/2006/06/my-cleo-and-max-picture-is-done.html

I know you're a cat fan too. This is so not a sales pitch. I just like sharing my pix.

Blogger Lynilu said...

When you said, " I worry all the time about where I will be in 10, 20 and 30 years. I know I've said it before, but I'm afraid of being the grandma working at McDonald's because that's my only choice," I thought I would split a gut, not *at* you, but because I used to think that way, too. Relax! I used to say I'd be glad when I knew what I wanted to be when I grew up. Then I started college at 36, got both Bachelors and Masters degrees, worked in my field of passion for 18 years, retired recently, and I'm still thinking about what to be when I grow up! I don't think I'll work at McDonalds, but hey, Borders wouldn't be a bad place to pass time. Between now and Grandma-time (which isn't all that bad, BTW), enjoy life. Savor every moment.

Blogger pack of 2 said...

I wonder what I will be doing in several yrs too...I hope to win the lotto so I don't have to worry about it...LOL...good luck huh?

Shelly

Blogger Sheri & SuZan said...

Your feeling for your hubby really touched me. It reminded me how lucky I am that even after 19 years of marriage, he still makes me feel the same way.

Post a Comment

<< Home