www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nap Queen. Make your own badge here.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006
Blogging Blahs
I've had so much going on lately, I haven't posted anything because I don't know where to begin. I have been continuing my spring cleaning into summer, and I can't seem to stop. I'm getting rid of stuff right and left. My sister and I had a garage sale at my house on Saturday and ended up making a little under $250 which we deemed a huge success. It felt sooo good to get rid of all that crap that has just been wasting space.

On Sunday, we had mother's day brunch at my sister's lovely home where we feasted on quiche, coffee cake, fruit and coffee. Then the hubs and I met his mom for lunch at 2. There was a lot of eating going on that day. I think I still ate a decent dinner even though I ate enough earlier in the day to last me 3 days.

The rockstar and I also FINALLY got our insurance check to the tune of $3400 from this little incident, and we decided we're going to use it to install laminate/pergo flooring in the entire house minus kitchen and baths. I just can't justify wood with all the running and playing our dogs do. The floors would be shredded to bits in months. We'll probably get that done first week of June because we need to get the drywall fixed first.

Not to leave you on a sad note, but please keep our kitty Sonja in your thoughts. She has an intestinal problem that is at worst fatal and at best a lifelong issue that will mean lots of puke to clean up. She is about 11 or 12-years-old and has always been a puker, but it has gotten worse lately. And when I mean worse, I mean she's puking as much as a child. I'm not exaggerating. The vets can't figure out what is wrong with her. They have done a sonogram, stool samples galore, blood work, etc....they want to do a biopsy, but they only thing that will do is confirm or deny cancer. If it's cancer, there's nothing more that we can do for her then what we are doing now, which is lots of love, anti-vomiting medication and antibiotics to keep her from getting infections. Here she is (the black and white one) sleeping with her momma Sasha. That picture kills me everytime. She is the sweetest little kitty, and she's my husband's favorite. Please send good thoughts her way.



19 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

Mmmm, as I've attempted to post a comment twice now, both times being interupted by a naughty kitty cat of my own (and not even the 'naughty' one!) I am sure to keep your kitty cat in my thoughts.

Post as soon as you find out what it is/was!

Blogger Tammy said...

Poor kitty kat. I hope she's ok.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our senior dog was a puker for the 2 years we had her and was diagnosed with IBS. I did tons of research and found that IBS is greatly exacerbatted by grains in foods. We switched her to an all raw food diet and her healthy had greatly improved. The only time she vomits is when we give her a grain treat. She feels so good now! Cats were meant to eat an all meat diet even more than dogs so I would do some research if it is IBS and switch your cat to raw food. I think it would really help. There are lots of raw food groups on yahoo that will help. Depending on how old your vet is he may tell you that you are crazy if you suggest raw. Unfortunately vets get about a week course on animal nutrition and the older ones can't comprehend feeding animals raw food. If you do your own research you will see all the people who have seen it work miracles. Try www.naturesvriety.com or www.barfworld.com for info on where to find food. Hope this helps!

Blogger Lisa said...

SHe's so pretty and sweet. I hope the vet figures out what is wrong soon.

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Oh man, dealing with animal sickies is just heartbreaking. I wish you all well.

Blogger Fabnormal said...

aw man, I 'm sorry. Sick pets are just like having sicks kids. :(

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a cat who's a puker too. It's so frustrating, but mostly because I feel so bad for him. Nobody likes throwing up all the time. Kudos to you for being such a good cat mommy. Sending good thoughts your way.

You will love the laminate/pergo it is awesome. My neighbors just installed it in their kitchen!

I will keep your kittly in my prayers. So sad!

Blogger Kat said...

So sorry to hear about sick kitty!!! I have a cat that's a puker too, no return on my deposit I'm afraid. Hopefully it will turn out to be something that can be treated. Always hard to have a sick animal. :(

Blogger Lucky Lum said...

ohhhhh, sweet kitty! I'm wishing for the best.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

(((hugs))) on teh kitty. My oldest is almost 16. She's healthy as an ox, but I'm so afraid something is going to happen. Ugh. (((hugs)))

Blogger Lori said...

Oh, I hope your kitty is OK! It's hard to watch them suffer and not know exactly what the problem is. I'm sure Sonja can feel your love.

Blogger Kami said...

Aw, I'll have the dogs send prayers up for the sweet kitty. :(

Blogger Unknown said...

Poor kitty! We'll keep her in our thoughts...

Pergo is totally the way to go in that situation. Wood is just too hard to keep pristine with pets...can't wait to see the pics!

Blogger SuburbanMom said...

Sorry for your kitty :(

Blogger pack of 2 said...

I hope your kitty is OK. We have a puker also. He doesn't do it as much as yours I don't think.

I hope your is ok. we will be thinking of her.

Congrats on the new floors...That will look great!

Shelly

Blogger pack of 2 said...

Sending lots and lots of good thoughts your way for Sonja. I hate to hear about people's pets being sick....it sucks. I hope everything works out okay.

Angie

Blogger Wendy Boucher said...

I'll cross my fingers for kitty. I have one that is basically on hospice care right now. But she's fifteen and cranky. It's her time, I think. When she passes, the entire internet will know about it because I'll be crying so hard I'll short out the web!

Blogger Christar said...

My kitty that I've had for about 5 years, also pukes a lot. She pukes probably once or twice every 2 weeks. I've always been worried that it's something serious, but the vet says it's just cuz she sheds a lot (Which she does). I'm hope everything turns out ok for your kitty!

Sending well wishes your way. :)

Post a Comment

<< Home