www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nap Queen. Make your own badge here.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006
Pizza, Noooo, Salmon, No, Wait, Pizza....
The Rockstar's 29th birthday is coming up soon, and his mom wants o have us over to dinner for some grilled salmon and birthday cake. Great, sounds good to me. On Mother's Day, however, Kris told his mom to just order some pizza, that way everyone would be happy. He would get to eat his favorite food, and she wouldn't have to clean up. She seemed really happy with that decision. We decided to get a meaty and a veggie pizza from a local place that has the best pizzas. Done and done.

Or so I thought.

So the other day, she asked the hubby what he wanted to go along with his salmon.....uh, well, hmmmm. He told her he thought we were having pizza? She remembered. Okay, NOW we're all good. Then his dad called him and said, "Hey your mom said we're having salmon. Can I bring anything?" He had to explain, that no, we're having pizza and everything has been settled. So then, MIL emails me and asks the name of the place where we're getting the pizza. I emailed her back with the phone number and the names of the pizzas we had planned on getting.

Not two days later the MIL calls the hubby and asks him what he wants to go with his salmon.

I give up.


15 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

That is just too funny. Think maybe she's trying to let you know that she wants salmon? :) I can't wait to hear what is actually served! :)

Blogger Kami said...

Hmmmmm... Have she been to the doctor recently to see if dementia is setting in?

Blogger Liberal Banana said...

Maybe she meant she's getting a salmon pizza? Want anything else on that?

That would seriously DRIVE ME INSANE. Literally. I'd be like Bree and check myself into a mental health facility.

Blogger Lisa said...

I went out to lunch with my MIL today. At one point she told them she wanted a certain platter (instead of a sandwhich) but added "I don't want any onion so DON'T put any onions on my fish.) And the waitress looked at her funny. My MIL said, "Don't you look at me that way!"

I wanted to slide under the table!

Sounds like you're having salmon whether you like it or not. heehee

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whenever I'm having a family gathering at our house, my mom will ask what she can bring. After careful consideration of a menu, etc, I'll give her a couple of dishes to make.

Has she ever, once brought what I've asked? NO. NO. So now, her instructions are to "bring whatever you want." Menus be damned.

Oh hell just have the frickin Salmon you crazy loon!

Sorry I thought I was dealing with my MIL STBE...thank goodness. That shit drives me crazy!

Blogger Tammy said...

Clearly, senility has started.

Blogger Fabnormal said...

Is she sniffin glue or something??

Blogger Me said...

ROTFL... That is just too funny. I'll be waiting to hear if infact you show up with pizza and find she has salmon ready to throw on the grill.

Blogger Isabel said...

That is too funny. Something tells me she's serving salmon.

Blogger roxie said...

OMG, she is insane!

Blogger Unknown said...

Can you say alzheimer's?

No worries mate, you can get her into a home and then all your IL issues will be over!!

Blogger SuburbanMom said...

oh my gosh...to funny.

Blogger Lilah Mum said...

Ha! Here's a question. If all parents (mine, my in-laws, and every other parent I hear about) are a little nutty, does that mean we will be? Urgh.

Blogger Isabel said...

This makes me laugh.

Apparently the lady wants to make salmon for his birthday. The guestion is WHY?

Post a Comment

<< Home