www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nap Queen. Make your own badge here.

Thursday, June 08, 2006
Goodbye and Good Luck
Tomorrow is my boss' last day. I am S-A-D. I consider her not only my supervisor, but my friend. I can tell her about the cute things my pets do, when I'm annoyed with a co-worker, or ask her for help with any project comes that comes along. She is, to be blunt, AWESOME. Again, I am sad. She got an incredible opportunity to move up north to do what she does best, and I couldn't be more happy or excited for her. Having lived in C-town for a very short time, I really think she is going to love it. And her cutey-pie kids are going to love it too because they get to see snow, REAL LIVE SNOW! It's our firm's loss and I hope they know it. I won't go into detail, because I don't want to get dooced, but we are soooo screwed without her. My daily work routine is going to be so strange come Monday. There is going to be this gaping hole. I'm going to miss talking shoes, co-workers, legitimate work projects, clothes, husbands, kids, and pets with her. She's one of the most real, fun, funny, sarcastic people I have ever met, and I will miss her. A lot. So L, here's to you *raising my glass (seriously, I'm drinking wine)*, you will be TERRIBLY missed. And don't think I won't be coming to visit because I will. Sooner than you think. I'm just a few vodka sodas, 3 Xanax and one flight (or six if I fly Southwest) away from being in there! Take care. We miss you already.


11 Comments:

Good luck to your friend!

How exciting!

Blogger Kami said...

Aw, sorry you're losing her!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing beats having a fantastic boss. Sorry for your loss!

Blogger Tammy said...

Give her a hug for me! :(

Blogger Weezie said...

Ok, I just posted about how I cried like a baby when Chuck left today. Now I'm doing it again. Just get ready, because tomorrow is going to be a boo hoo fest. I miss you already. Please come see me!

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Oh that blows.

She is excited about snow? Oh, God love her.

Blogger The Egel Nest said...

Nappy Taffy -

It sounds like the opportunity is really good and I am sure she will miss you too!

Wish her well :)


Bradley
The Egel Nest

Blogger Fabnormal said...

aw man, that sucks. I didn't know when her last day was, but I new it was coming.

Blogger Lisa said...

I wanted to comment last night but Blogger was down.

I had an awesome boss too at one point. So I know what you mean. Wish her luck and hope you have good luck with the person who replaces her.

Blogger pack of 2 said...

Sorry that you will miss her. Best of luck to her though.
Great bosses are hard to find!

Shelly

Blogger Unknown said...

Can I just say "neener neener neener"!??!

We're slowly sucking all the cool people from Texas up to the north...

Post a Comment

<< Home