www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nap Queen. Make your own badge here.

Thursday, July 27, 2006
You Stink
I'm sitting at my desk, and a certain person just came over to talk to a co-worker and he is wearing so much cologne I think I'm going to gag. Not only is he wearing too much, it just flat out stinks in general. LEAVE MY SPACE. GET OUT. YOU'RE STANDING 10 FEET FROM ME AND YOU DON'T KNOW I'M TYPING THIS. I WISH I COULD SCREAM THE THINGS I'M TYPING IN ALL CAPS. Gah. I can't explain how bad it is. I know I could get up and leave, but it's MY DESK and MY SPACE. This is why cubes suck. Get me out of this place. Oh WHEW he just left. I wonder how long the stink will linger.
Props to Monica for quoting Anchorman, one of my all-time favorite movies. Formidable scent, indeed.

In other news, my wonderful husband has almost finished getting up the adhesive in the spare bedroom. (Sidenote: I really hope it wasn't asbestos tile that we found under the carpet. The house was built in 1973, a good year after asbestos was banned, but what do you want to bet some builders had some extra tile and shingles to get rid of and just continued to use it until it ran out? Oh well, I didn't breathe in TOO much during this process. Cough. Cough.) I think we might be able to start the staining process this weekend! I really hope this works because we will have saved so much cash. It was a royal pain in the ass, BUT we're not poor because of it. And there isn't any tile under the hallway carpet, so I'm hoping that continues into the other bedrooms. I don't want to deal with adhesive again. I'll post some photos soon.
Here's the color for the bedrooms (it's basically the same color carpet we had):


And the living room color will be one of the following (although the thought of dealing with a larger space makes me want to throw up a little):

Oh, I totally missed Project Runway last night so no spoilers!!!!!



17 Comments:

Oh that is going to look so nice when it is done.

I will never understand how people cant figure out that they stink! Come on people if I can smell ya so can you!

Blogger Kat said...

We have a cologne offender in our office, but it is widely suspected the overuse is intended to cover up the smell of alcohol. :P

Blogger Bart said...

I hate "cologne-guy" walking around with his cloud of stink... who is he trying to attract?

Oh and on "Project Runway" ... think it is the episode where the gay guy gets upset cause the judges totally don't get his concept. Sorry if i spoiled it.

Blogger Rhonda said...

LOL at Bart. I've got some Febreeze up here if you need to borrow it. I was spraying it yesterday after a certain partner came in my office to chat after running at lunch but before showering. bleh. (I want to know who it was down there...)

I missed PR too. BP is recording it for me at 6:00 p.m. when they replay. It also comes on tonight at 9 or 10.

I also like the darker color stain for the living room. I had to come back and check out the color becuase when I first commented blogger was being a real biotch!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for darker in the living room too. You're going to take before and after pics, right?

We had a stinky one here in the office last week. One of our VPs from the Dallas office. She had the whole thing going - the stink, the big hair, the shiny shoes, tacky large jewelry. I should have taken a pic when she wasn't looking.

Ew I hate stinky people by my cube too. It's like get a clue!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anchorman quotes...

"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good."

It's a formidable scent... It stings the nostrils.

Blogger Lisa said...

Ohhhh. So cool. Post pics of the project when its finished, please!

Blogger Caroline said...

I have a nieghbor that always put on soo much cologne that i can smell it across the street. i will be mowing and he will walk out his door and it about knocks me over. i can't imagine being in a car with someone wearing that much cologne.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My nose is twitching with your description of cologne-guy. blech. Go the EFF away, stinky. Sorry for the assault on your nasal zone.

The colors for your house look gorgeous! It's worth it. And think of the calories you're burning!

Now seriously, sister, when are you going to see Project Runway?

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Note to all the scent offenders out there, if someone is even a foot away and can smell it, too much. A scent should be smelled by someone who is NEAR YOU. Like your husband when he is going in for a smooch.

I love the floor color.

Blogger Tammy said...

Why must people marinate in their cologne?

Blogger Kami said...

Nice colors!

Blogger The Old Lady said...

Can't wait to see how the floors turn out! Could the colgne be covering up for a smoker? We have several of those here in the Big D office.

Blogger Unknown said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh pretty. Want before and after pics pretty please.

With sugar on top.

Blogger Weezie said...

I have two words for you. Two Sheets? Was it Two Sheets who smelled? Man, that dude could wear some cologne. I haven't run across any of those yet at my new office, but I'm sure they're lurking out there somewhere. It has to be better than old lady perfume stink that used to linger down there for days.

Post a Comment

<< Home