www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nap Queen. Make your own badge here.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006
I Can't *Heart* That
Okay, I love a good bumper sticker. I really do. I think my favorite was "No One Died When Clinton Lied" and "Bush Made me a Democrat". Not that I was ever Republican, but I like that one when I see it. Because I think, wow, that person is SMART! Another favorite of mine is "George Bush is not from Texas!" We all know the truth. That being said, everyone is entitled to their opinion, BUT today when driving to the doctor I saw one that says "I *heart* Gitmo". Um, what? And they were serious, too. There were a ton of Bush and Perry stickers covering the back of the truck. Who *hearts* denying people their fundamental right to due process of law? WHO?

I read on Wikipedia that on the "10th of June 2006 three Guantánamo Bay detainees committed suicide. The military reported the men hanged themselves with nooses made of sheets and clothes. One of the men was first detained when he was a juvenile. They each had been imprisoned for the past four years, but never charged with a crime. Before June 10th there had been 41 suicide attempts at the camp."

And you seriously *heart" that? Because I think it's sick and represents everything that's wrong with our country right now.


9 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Niiiice.

I heart all the left-wing freakos in California.

Blogger Liberal Banana said...

I *heart* Gitmo? Seriously? That deserves a giant WTF?!?

Wow.

Blogger Karla May said...

Know what I don't "heart"? The faux hunting license looking window stickers that say, "09-11-01 / Official Terrorist Hunting License."

Fucking one-note redneck dickwads.

Blogger Tammy said...

Funny. When Natalie Maines said something like the Bush/Texas thing, she was ridiculed.

Football Widow saw a bumper sticker that said "Honk if you hate people." Perfect for me.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll just stick with my bumper sticker...it says "Stop Inbreeding...Ban Country Music". Hehehehe...

I've never understood how we (Americans) can detain someone on the soil of a foreign country and yet deny them the rights that as Americans we have. I mean if we caught them then we should treat them like they committed the crime here, right?

Blogger SuburbanMom said...

That is sick.

Blogger Rainbow Momma said...

Was blog surfing and came across yours.

This post spoke to me. Thanks for that - I can't *heart* that either.

WTH is wrong with people?

Blogger Kami said...

Jackass.

Blogger Thomas said...

I remember what Willie Nelson said about President Bush: "He ain't from Texas and he ain't a cowboy so why don't you leave Texans and cowboys alone for awhile."

Post a Comment

<< Home