www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nap Queen. Make your own badge here.

Friday, April 06, 2007
Say a Little Prayer
Last night, my sister, mom and I took one of my sister's cats, Rufus, to the emergency vet to be put to sleep. He had liver and kidney problems, and he was not doing well. I know she made the right decision, he looked terrible, and was not getting better. She did everything she could including getting him accupunture, giving him subcutaneous fluids at home, and tube feeding him. He was a wonderful big orange tabby that acted like a dog most of the time. We called him "Puppy Kitty" because he would sit for a treat when the dogs got their biscuits after dinner. He loved people and would mingle at parties instead of hiding. He will be SO missed.



6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's just too many animals dying right now. It's so sad.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really sorry. We're starting to consider putting my childhood cat to sleep for similar reasons... and while I know it's better than letter her suffer, I can't help tearing up every time I think about it.

Blogger Lisa said...

So very sorry to hear this. So sorry for you loss.

Blogger Kami said...

I'm so sorry.

Blogger Kat said...

I am so very sorry to hear that. I know how hard it is to lose such a special love. :(

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi...I am so sorry for your loss. On Easter Sunday morning, I too had to put down my long-haired orange tabby. We went through all kinds of treatments for his failing liver but he was so ill that morning, we knew it was time. My baby was similar to a dog too. I taught him to fetch, sit, and even to give me his paw. I am having a hard time dealing with his lose. He will be so missed. I will keep you in my prayers.
~L

Post a Comment

<< Home