www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nap Queen. Make your own badge here.

Friday, December 29, 2006
My Favorite Gift
Other than the awesome tv my darling husband gave me, my favorite Christmas gift is this book from my sister:

Back in the day, I was quite the cross stitcher. My grandma taught me many crafty things, cross stitch being one of them. I did butterflies, rainbows, etc. I haven't done it in a really long time but with patterns like these, I'm starting this weekend. I'm making this one for my sister (at her request):

And this one for me:

And just a few more of my favorites:

There are so many other hilarious patterns, I can't wait to get started. There's something about the combination of surly phrases and cute borders and images that is so funny to me. You can find more patterns on the website that aren't in the book, like this one and this one. These are going to be my best work ever.


20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my GOD I MUST GET THIS BOOK and some THREAD NOW! I love it! That's an awesome gift. I'm so jealous.

Thanks again for the beautiful Christmas card! Now what are you guys up to for New Year's Rockin' Eve? I won't bore you with our lack of plans...but seriously, maybe I'll cross stitch something bitter!

Blogger Tammy said...

I so need that "Don't Make Me Cut You" I say that all the time!!

I used to cross-stitch as well. Need to get back into that.

Blogger Cara said...

I saw this book online a few weeks ago and was cracking up at it! I'm a cross-stitch nerd too...but never know what to cross-stitch.

Blogger Kami said...

I'd like a "Shut the Fuck Up" please. THAT IS HYSTERICAL. Get to work, girl.

Blogger Elizabeth said...

That is hilarious. Love it.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want the Happy Fucking Holidays one. That's about my attitude during that time of the year.

Blogger The Old Lady said...

Before all those children at The Shoe, I too was a cross-sticher. I need to do that "bite me" one for my office!

Blogger Kelly said...

I used to love to cross stitch - those patterns are hysterical!

Blogger Unknown said...

I want the Happy Fucking Holidays on pillow shams.

Blogger Isabel said...

I LOVE THIS.

I had a boyfriend back in the day that was a huge Tool fan. Yeah, yeah. Anyway, I did a cross stitch for him of their logo. AWESOME (if I do say so myself). I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Blogger Lucky Lum said...

you funny!

Hope you're feelin better :)

Blogger Lisa said...

THAT IS THE COOLEST BOOK EVER! heehee.

LOVE It.

HOpe your 2007 turns out to be a wonderful one filled with fun, love, prosperity and good health!

Blogger Kat said...

That is a freaking riot!!! I used to cross stitch years ago, now I think I need to take it up again. How funny!

Blogger Lori said...

I will PAY you to do one and mail it to me!! That is the funniest thing ever!

Blogger Lori said...

I saw that book at the store one day and just cracked up.

I totally want the happy fucking holidays. My mom and my sister cross stitch I am craft retarded!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

why in god's name is your font so SMALL??!!!

Blogger Spikey1 said...
Blogger SuburbanMom said...

Ha, that is hilarious! My mom would love that.

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Am I gonna have to start with the stalking again?

Post a Comment

<< Home