www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nap Queen. Make your own badge here.

Monday, October 17, 2005
Lunchtime Confession
I'm sitting here eating my Lean Cuisine (mmmm, I know you're jealous) and I just thought I needed to share the following....

I don't like the Beatles.
Or the Rolling Stones.
Or Pink Floyd.
Or Led Zepplin.

And I only like a handful of Elvis songs.

And there are many more---I just can't think of them right now.

Eeeek! What is wrong with me? Everytime I hear someone talk about the greatness of any of these bands, I secretly gag. Are there other Stones haters out there, or am I just an anomaly?

I married a musician who owns over 1000 CDs, and not one of those CDs is from the list above. I guess it was just meant to be.

(Sidenote: I also hate Cheryl (Sheryl?) Crow's music and think it's annoying that she and Lance Armstrong are together. Uh oh, I can hear the angry Austin mob coming for me........)


10 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

Shhh... don't tell, but I'm right there with you. I hear people on the radio talking about the Stones all the time and I feel like some alien because I just don't get it... :)

Blogger Nap Queen said...

Thank you! I'm so glad I'm not alone :)

Blogger Norman said...

I only like one song by Pink Floyd - and I only like that if I'm on my 15th margarita.

Do a freaky post like you were telling me about on my blog!! (about your sister's house!!)

Norm!

Blogger Lucky Lum said...

Holy shit girl, what's wrong with you?!?! jk
I love them all!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am SO with you on that...especially the Sheryl Crow thing. I cannot STAND her. :)

Blogger Mama Duck said...

I was never really a Stones fan until one of my bosses was and now I like them. But I do find Mick a wee bti on the creepy side in a skeletal/anorexic sort of way...

Blogger Tammy said...

I'm with ya, sister. And Norm, didn't Pink Floyd only do one song?

Blogger Mathieu said...

Love those bands and Sheryl is OK.

:)

I guess I'm in the masses.

But seriously, there aren't many bands that survive the test of time. You have to give them credit for that

Blogger Rhonda said...

I agree with you. I hate the Beatles and Pink Floyd more than most. I have to say that I love Elvis, though.

Blogger firedancerdancin said...

SACRILIGE!

I kid. My musician boyfriend loves all things Beatles and it secretly annoys me. Only cause he'll just randomly sit down at the piano (usually when I'm in the middle of trying to tell him something) and start playing and singing "when i'm 64" cute song, cute sentiment, I'M TRYING TO TELL YOU SOMETHING, DUDE! grrr!

:-)

Post a Comment

<< Home