www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nap Queen. Make your own badge here.

Saturday, December 10, 2005
Dude, I'm Weird
I know some of you have tagged me in the past month and I didn't play along. I apologize, but I have been rather busy. TKW tagged me today, and I actually have some free time, so here it goes.....five of my neurotic habits.

1. I HAVE to completely dry my feet off before stepping onto the bathmat. I'm not sure if this is weird because I don't see anyone else stepping out of the shower except my husband, but he thinks I'm weird. I have converted him, though, because I hate sopping wet bathmats.

2. I will not pick up anything wet off of a countertop. I have to dry it off before that wetness touches my hand. If I can't tell that something is wet and I pick it up? BLEH. GROSS. YUCK. Bonus yuck points if any kind of hair is involved.

3. I am constantly worrying about my house going up in flames. I have since I was a child. I think I have a touch of OCD because I will check the flat iron, the coffee maker, the hot rollers, etc. multiple times before I leave in the morning. I also won't run the clothes dryer when I'm gone.

4. I have a phone phobia. I hate answering the phone. I don't understand people who don't use email. I would rather email or talk to you in person. Something about hearing someone's voice without seeing their face bugs me. I'm a very visual person.

5. I do not answer my front door if I don't know who you are. I can wait you out through knocking and multiple doorbell rings. I don't feel like I have to open the door or acknowledge your presence if I don't know you. You showed up at my house unannounced, so why do I have to open the door? Oh yeah, I don't :)

I don't usually tag people, but I love to hear about other people's weird habits, so please play if you want to!!


11 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

I don't have a phone phobia per se, but I hate talking on it. Since email and IM, this is my preferred medium. It's sad.

Blogger pack of 2 said...

WOw, you have a lot of funny stuff here...LOL!
I agree about not answering the door for people I don't know. That is how I handle it too!!!

I don't think most people dry their feet before the bath mat but I do understand why you do it.

LOL@ "Bonus yuck points if any kind of hair is involved."

I only answer the phone if I know who is calling & I am in the mood to talk...otherwise...nope!

You are funny! I promise I will email you before I drop by:)

Shelly

Blogger Melanie said...

OMG. I could have written those about myself! Except for the phone thing. That doesn't bother me. And it's my hubby who has the bathmat issue. Sometimes I leave it wet just to irritate him!

Blogger Kami said...

Dude; you are weird. I don't like the answer the door to peeps I don't know, either, especially since the little man has been around.

Blogger Mama Duck said...

You won't pick anything wet off the countertop? How do you wipe them down with a dry cloth?

Blogger Bart said...

Everytime my doorbell rings and I'm not expecting anyone, it winds up being a salesperson... so I don't answer anymore either.

I also hate a wet bathmat... that's what towels are for, right?

Blogger Book Bums said...

I share some of your OCD habits...especially concerning the flat iron. I have gone all the way back home to make sure it was turned off (which it was) and head right back out again. But if I don't, I will think about it non-stop until it drives me crazy.

I'm the same way with making sure I closed the garage door...

Blogger Isabel said...

Thanks for sharing. Always fun to learn more about people.

I love to talk on the phone. But I hate to answer the phone. Something about only wanting to talk to people on.my.terms.

I am rude. I admit it.

Anyway...have a great week!

Blogger Kat said...

I'm right there with you on 3 and 4. I can't just look at the stove to make sure it is off, I have to touch each burner and the oven door. Never been big on talking on the phone either... :)

Blogger Lisa said...

I will play. ANd I have the same thing with checking that all curling irons and that sort of thing are off too. :-)

Blogger Kether said...

I can't touch cotton balls. Not at all. My husband uses that to his advantage and puts cotton balls on anything he doesn't want me to touch.
I share the thing about the house going up in flames and about the phone and the door.

Post a Comment

<< Home