www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nap Queen. Make your own badge here.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005
So Busy...
I just can't seem to find the time to blog! If you'll notice, I don't post blogs during working hours for fear of being fired. I only add new posts when I'm clocked out/at home.

Well, here's the deal. My husband got into a pretty serious accident months ago which totaled his 2003 Frontier truck, the other love of his life. Thank god he and the woman he hit were not hurt at all.

Here's the second deal. He had let his insurance laspe. Don't get me started on this one. Seriously. I don't think he's ever seen me as mad as when I got home from work that day. After making sure he wasn't hurt, I ripped him a new one. Anyway, this meant that we had to pay off the totaled truck before we could get the title to sell the truck for parts. Luckily, everything we do financially is SEPARATE, so my name is not tied to that truck or the insurance. The truck is now paid off (making payments on a totaled car sucks, BTW), and in the meantime, we paid cash for a total piece of shit just so he'd have SOMETHING to get him from point A to point B.

Here's the third deal. Said piece of shit has died. Completely. So on my day off tomorrow, I'm buying a new car. I'm going to the bank to get pre-approved, and whatever they tell me I can spend, I'm going to spend (within reason). It will most likely be a Civic Coupe or an X-Terra. The rockstar will then get to drive my current Civic. Sigh, I suppose I'll let him have her since he IS going to be helping with the new car payments.

So in addition to that, the tile is being installed on Saturday and Sunday and did I mention we need a new water heater? Ours is 33 YEARS OLD! When we bought the house almost 2 years ago, the inspector said they're really not supposed to last longer than 15 and certainly not over 20. It's still working, but it has become noisy and I'd rather replace it before it explodes or catches the house on fire.

Throw in the fact that I did ALL my x-mas shopping on Friday and Saturday (yes, I am done) and put up the tree?

Again, I need a nap.


17 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Don't you just hate it when stuff like this comes up during the holidays when you're already spending money for other stuff?

I would have ripped him a new one. That is the reason I handle the finances because my financially irresponsible husband would do the same thing!

Glad it is paid off and you are getting a new car!

Lucky girl I am just about done my shopping just have to finish making the rest of the gifts and order a few odds and ends!

Blogger Kami said...

Girl, you DO need a nap!

Blogger pack of 2 said...

Go to sleep...RIGHT NOW!!!
Poor girl!
S

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im having a rum and coke on you chick-a. You do the finals thing and Ill do the shopping for a car thing? Deal?

As far as insurance goes, yeah it was bad but I cant say I havent done the same thing. Insurance is the biggest scam of an industry and if it was legal to drive without it I SO would in a second.

Blogger Tammy said...

Fired. Schmired. :)

You poor thing. I cannot imagine the pain in the ass it is to make payments on a totaled car. It's like paying the IRS. You get NOTHING for your money.

Blogger Tammy said...

Fired. Schmired. :)

You poor thing. I cannot imagine the pain in the ass it is to make payments on a totaled car. It's like paying the IRS. You get NOTHING for your money.

Blogger Fabnormal said...

Man, that has poop all over it. You know, what it is with men and not keeping up with their crap? My man got a speeding ticket, went to court, contested it, they judeged in HIS favor. All he had to do was pay like $65 by a certain date, but did he?? No hell no. NOW, he has to go back to court where they will probably make him pay the whole ticket. Ridiculous. But hey, my man has an X-Terra and he really likes it. I think they are pretty nice, just FYI, if you get one. :) Good luck with car shopping. :)

Blogger Fabnormal said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blogger Fabnormal said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blogger Isabel said...

Glad that no one was hurt in the accident. Phew.

I hate, hate, hate dealing with "car issues", so much that my first husband was a car mechanic (so that he would have to be the one to deal with stuff like that).

Try not to think about the money (easier said than done) and just enjoy the fact that you.get.a.new.car!!

Can't wait to see pictures!

Blogger Spikey1 said...

What is wrong with us men???

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Dear God, you just wore me the fuck out. Pics of the new ride please.

Blogger Book Bums said...

I need a nap after just READING that post!

Good luck car shopping! My husband bought his work truck through Costco (see...you can buying EVERYTHING at Costco!) He got a really good deal!

Blogger Lori said...

Eeek. Nothing like some unforeseen expenses around the holidays...

Good luck with the water heater. And the new car!

Blogger Lisa said...

I need a nap just thinking about all of the stuff you have to do. So sorry your hubby was in an accident. And if my hubby let the insurance lapse on his car, I would STILL be chewing him a new one months, and months later. Oy!

You are very smart to keep all of that financial stuff seperate.

Blogger Mama Duck said...

Holy shittiness.

Makes you miss my 4Runner, doesn't it? ;) JUST KIDDING...I love you!

Post a Comment

<< Home