www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nap Queen. Make your own badge here.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006
Holes = New Floors
First things first. Kami will be glad to know the toilet has been taken by some lucky fool. Sorry people, there will be no toilet/flower pot this spring:

It's so nice when perfect strangers take your trash. I LOVE it. I actually got my sewing table from a bulky trash weekend. I made my husband drive his truck by the house so I could put the table in the back. The only way he agreed to help me was by me promising that he didn't have to get out of the truck. He hates anything having to do with selling/giving away "trash" such as garage sales and bulky trash days. He thinks they're, well, trashy.

Here are the photos of our walls:

Other than the cats and dogs (ha! I just noticed Dulce is sniffing one of the holes in that photo) trying to get into the holes, I'm not freaking out. I just keep telling myself that new flooring is going to be the payoff. I think I'm going to do Pergo or wood in the guest room, office and main hall while we can (insurance will pay for new carpet, so we'll just pay the difference). We'll do the living room and maybe the master bedroom at some other point when we haven't just paid the almost $900 deductible. What do you think about keeping carpet in the master bedroom?



14 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

Glad you're not freaking out.

I got no advice re: wood v. carpet. I've never had wood floors. I would love to, though.

Blogger Kami said...

I love wookd floors, but I'd keep carpet in the master room.

Damn. I really wanted to see some flowers in that potty.

Blogger Kami said...

Er, wood.

Blogger Kelly said...

Not fun, but you'll love it when its done!

Blogger Lori said...

Well, I am a big fan of hardwood floors and am itching to do out house, but the gals do have a point about the warmness, and, uh, sound muffling properties ;)

Blogger Spikey1 said...

Damn toilet is gone. How about one of those bathtub things??

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Yeah, it's not cool waking up and having to put feeties on cold floors. I say carpet in the bedroom.

Blogger Fightin' Mad Mary said...

The only place to use carpet - the bedroom! Go for it! (Try shag carpet - very hot right now in LA)

Blogger Kat said...

Well, I have this dream to one day have hardwood floors throughout my entire home and just rugs (that fit in the washer) in a few places so when the cats vomit, it doesn't stain... just my opinion...

hey puppy! look at him thinking he's all sneaky... 'what? no, I wasn't trying to go in, I was just checking for any creatures that might want to attack you...' :)

Blogger roxie said...

I agree with carpet in the bedroom even though I love my laminate flooring. It's COLD and drafty in the winter and it would be nice to step out of bed onto something warmer.

Blogger Unknown said...

I've had both wood and carpet in my masters and I have to say, as much as I love, love, love wood, it's to nice to hae your tootsies sink into cooshy carpet in the morning.

Blogger Lisa said...

I love our hardwood floors but I do like carpet in the bedrooms. And there's probably some sexual joke there but I'm so not going to go there!

Blogger Melanie said...

We have wood floors in all the rooms in our house except for the bedrooms. We left the carpet in there and I like it.

We put some lawn chairs out in our front yard and someone came and took them. That never ceases to amaze me!

Blogger pack of 2 said...

Post a Comment

<< Home