www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nap Queen. Make your own badge here.

Monday, March 13, 2006
Weekend in Bullets

Because I had a busy weekend, you're going to get the bulleted version. I don't even feel like I had a weekend.

* Friday night - Got off work, went to the grocery store, got home and made lasagna, watched Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire with the hubs, went to bed at 11.

* Saturday - Alarm went off at 6:35, got up at 7, drove out to Dripping Springs and rode 25 miles with my sister, drove back to her house, showered, drove to the salon and got our hair cut and colored, went home and got ready for going away party, went to Central Market for a bottle of wine and a fruit tart, managed to show up on time at 6 pm for my friend H's party (she's the one moving to Colorado), left her house about 10:40 drove home, did a load of cycling clothes, got into bed at 11:30. Forgot to mention the BITCH that slowed down and honked at us and gave us the finger as she passed us. We weren't even in her lane. I swear, the nerve of some people. We're trying to raise money for AIDS Service programs and she's giving us the finger....

* Sunday - Alarm went off at 6:35, got up at 7, did a 21 mile ride around town (for those of you in Austin, Jollyville to 35th Street and back), broke out in hives all over my chest and neck (I'm assuming from the oak pollen since that's the one thing I'm allergic to, and there are tumbleweeds of it rolling around town right now), took a benadryl, got home and ate lunch, showered, sacked out for over 3 hours, woke up did laundry, watched DH (FINALLY!) and Intervention (fabulous show) did a crossword and fell asleep at 11.

Okay, I'm still knocked out from the Benadryl. One of those suckers and I'm a goner. It got rid of the hives really quickly, but I also lost hours from my Sunday. I think I need to get back on Zyrtec. It was the only thing that ever worked for me that didn't make me feel like someone slipped me some GHB.

We ended up riding about 46 miles this weekend which is good, but we were supposed to ride 54. We keep telling ourselves that 46 is better than nothing, and we're doing the best that we can. So it's yoga tonight to stretch out all my sore muscles from this weekend, and hopefully I can get into bed at 10. Have I mentioned how much I love to sleep?

One last rant, can I just tell you how much I LOATHE SXSW? Every year about this time, all these crappy people in their trendiest clothes and shaggy hair (think Daniel from Project Runway) descend on our city, clog up the restaurants and make traffic worse. I like what SXSW was supposed to be (a festival for unknown bands to get exposure), but now it's just a trendy scene for the rich and famous and it SUCKS. Normal people like me can't afford to buy wristbands (wristbands that don't even guarantee that you'll get in to see the bands you want to), so what's the point? Bleh, I guess it will be over soon, but not soon enough.



25 Comments:

Blogger Ruthie said...

I also do not like SXSW. I have lived here for 10 years now and I have managed to avoid it the whole time. At least it is only really one week.

Blogger Michelle said...

Damn, I'm tired from just reading that. You go girl with your cycling self!

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Damn girl, I am way impressed with your biking distances. I have driven that far though. Does that count?

Blogger Fabnormal said...

I too hate the sxsw. What's bad is that not only is the town full of snobby out-of-towners, BUT most, if not all the bands that are unknown, really suck. I think I have heard ONE good band EVER at SXSW.

Blogger Fightin' Mad Mary said...

Everybody in LA loves SXSW! It's all they talk about. "Are you going, I'm going, what do you mean you're not going, how can you miss it?"

SXSW is the new Sundance - I just bet Paris Hilton is there.
Be prepared, it's only gonna get worse!

Blogger roxie said...

I have come to the stark realization that what you have described IS a weekend. I'm amazed you found the time to watch a movie AND some TV...sounds delightful and relaxing! You know how I feel about SXSW, I missed Billy EFFIN' Idol last year because I didn't want to contend with the throngs of tries-too-hards. And I had a wristband!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate SXSW, too. They can take all those wristbands and shove it. While on your bike be careful with all the idiots in town.

P.S. I love me some Harry Potter too.

Blogger Kat said...

Okay wow. You got how early on both days to go exercise? You earned the right to sack out for a while! Glad the hives went away quickly!

Blogger Lori said...

Good job on the rides! You did real good.

If you can believe it I slept 15 hours Saturday night/Sun. am. Still recovering from my cold.

Blogger Lori said...

Way to go on the 46 mile ride this weekend! And Benadryl will certainly knock just about anyone on their ass for several hours. Yikes.

Hey -- can you email me through my profile? I'm thinking about buying a bike so that I can get some exercise and not be confined to the gym. But the last bike I owned was a pink and purple Huffy Desert Moon, circa 1987. I figured you might be able to make some recommendations.

Thanks babe!

Blogger Isabel said...

Way to go on the bike rides. So impressed.

And I've always wondering what the locals thought about SXSW. Now I know (and I can't blame you).

Although I would love to see the Old 97's perform there.

Blogger Me said...

You know... at first glance when you are looking and chewing a cracker it reads; "Weekend in Mullets".

Blogger Lisa said...

Wow. You are super efficient. And super dedicated. Yeay you!

Blogger Unknown said...

Personally I'm a fan of the traffic and blockages on Barton Springs that SXSW presents.

(46 miles? damn, you'd be half way to wisconsin)

Blogger Melanie said...

I'm tired just reading about that weekend! I can't take benadryl either. I feel so groggy and out of it for the whole next 24 hours. Ugh.

Blogger pack of 2 said...

I love to sleep too.

Sounds like you deserve it though after 25 mile bike ride...and I can't believe that bitch flipped you off!

Shelly

Blogger Tammy said...

I'm tired just reading how much you rode. Damn girl. You are my hero.

Blogger Lilah Mum said...

25 miles, 21 miles!!!!! That's unbelievable. What a great goal to have. I just assume that people who get upset at bikers and pedestrians never get off their couches. (Sorry about the SXSW folks - I'm still jealous - SA is a city that basically just resembles a giant strip mall).

Blogger firedancerdancin said...

I loathe SXSW

I hate the traffic. I hate the wannabes.

What I hate the most? That it is on my birthday every f'ing year and if I wanted to say, ummm, go to Hula Hut for dinner and then downtown for a drink or two, not only do I have to deal with 50 million crazy irish folk (I'm irish too so i can say it...and my birthday is st. patrick's day) but I have to fight 50 million kids with super bad emo haircuts to get to the bar.

It's my birthday bitches! get out of the damn way!

Blogger SuburbanMom said...

oh wow, never heard of sxsw, sounds kind of cool ;)

Blogger Kami said...

Well, Yeah. You need to sit on your ass more.

Blogger Lucky Lum said...

No wonder you feel as if you didn't have a weekend!
Busy busy bike riding girl.

Blogger The Egel Nest said...

umm...I am so out of shape...just reading about how many miles you rode made my muscles ache :)

wow! :)


Bradley
The Egel Nest

Blogger Spikey1 said...

Way to go Bike Girl!

Love Running Man!

Blogger Sheri & SuZan said...

Yikes-that does sound like a busy weekend. I would love to ride, but I'm afraid of the crazy drivers!

Post a Comment

<< Home