www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nap Queen. Make your own badge here.

Thursday, March 02, 2006
The Big Story
I turned on the local news tonight and the headline said "THE BIG STORY". I couldn't figure out what was so important, but reporters were on the scene reporting live, and it looked like something really big was happening in Austin. So what was the big deal?

A murder? No....

A car chase? Try again....

A bank robbery? Nope....

A successful organ transplant? Not even close....

It was.........okay, are you ready for this?




They were covering the City Council's decision on the "Dining with Dogs" law. Hello? Are you fucking kidding me? Do we really care THAT much about whether we can take our dogs out to eat with us? This is "The Big Story" (and I'm quoting directly from the screen)? I guess I should be glad they don't have anything bad to report on, but still, they could have come up with a human interest piece worth watching. Dining with Dogs?

I guess the suspense got to someone....




11 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

I guess the excitement was just too much!

Blogger Fabnormal said...

I saw that too and I thought the same dang thing.

Blogger Elizabeth said...

The suspense wore them right the fuck out.

Blogger Spikey1 said...

Wow. Does that mean the dogs can take home "human bags" ??

Blogger Kami said...

OMG.

Your babies are just too damn CUTE.

Blogger Kat said...

Puppies!!! So cute!!!! (where are the cats?) :)

I miss Austin news. Everything in Houston is death and destruction...

Blogger Lori said...

Clearly a slow news day :)

Blogger roxie said...

CUTE, I love my niece & nephew so much!

Blogger Sarcomical said...

i'm LOVING the dog laziness in that pic! ;) cute

Blogger Unknown said...

Dude, that's better than when the "Big Story" is rain.

NBC is such a drama queen.

Blogger Lisa said...

I love that pic of your babies. When they interrupt your regularly scheduled newscast in St. Louis it is always because the police are chasing someone or there's a fire in some building. Which happens all the damn time so YAWN!!!!

Post a Comment

<< Home