www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nap Queen. Make your own badge here.

Sunday, March 19, 2006
Sunday Wrap-up
We now have industrial blowers and a huge dehumidifier going nonstop in the guest room, and they sprayed a super duty disinfectant all over the cement under the carpet, so the nasty smell is gone. Whee! It's really loud, but I'm so happy the smell is gone.



I had a fantastic day yesterday. My mom, sister and I were supposed to drive to Calvert to do some shopping, antiquing, etc, but since the weather was so crappy, we stayed home and had girls' day at her house. We did our toenails, watched Sleepless in Seattle, ate at Luby's (we're turning into old ladies), and played Scrabble, Truth or Dare Jenga and Yatzee.

This morning I watched Ray. It was so good. I can see why Jamie Fox won the Oscar last year---he was fantastic. I think I'm going to watch The Hours now. Call it "Drama Sunday" at Nappy's house.

One last thing....tomorrow is bulky trash day in our neighborhood. We put our old vanities and toilet from before the bathroom remodel out on the street. They are shining examples of 70s ugliness. Nice fake marble:


Anyway, they were gone less than 3 hours after putting them out. Someone already snatched them up. Good riddance. Now all that's left is a sad old toilet:


I can't believe I have a used toilet sitting out in front of our house.


18 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

Wow, that's a nice toliet in your yard....I hope no homeless people come along and use it.

Isn't it funny how people will take your garbage?

Blogger SuburbanMom said...

oh that's funny someone snatched that up :)

Blogger Celina said...

too bad about all your "leaks!" so, i'm curious if anyone picked up the toilet...we had someone take our green (yes, 70s avocado green) toilet from our "trash pile" when we were renovating!
Glad you got the stinky carpet cleaned, too!

Blogger Kami said...

I think you should plant some tulips in that toilet.

Blogger Melanie said...

OMG. I am totally cracking up at that toilet. Thanks for the pic!

Blogger The Egel Nest said...

Nappy Taffy -

That toilet sitting out there is hilarious...

It looks like you are giving the mailman a courtesy that your neighbors are not extending :)


Bradley
The Egel Nest

Blogger Tammy said...

Kami - my grandma did that. I need to take some pics.

Glad the smell is gone. Those huge blowers are awful. We had them once when our hot water heater busted all over the house.

I cannot stand Luby's. I once volunteered at a nursing home. Lubys + Nursing home. Same smell.

Blogger Spikey1 said...

I actually like that vanity. Seeing we are in reno mode ourselves...

Blogger Caroline said...

Today is our big pickup for trash as well. We have a couch that is older then me out there plus other "junk". I find it interesting to sit and watch the people that pull up and go through my trash.

Blogger Unknown said...

You could use the can for a flower planter...I mean, if you really wanted to.

Blogger Isabel said...

I love that picture. Maybe you should just plant some flowers in the toilet bowl...like my old neighbors did.

Nothing says "class" like flowers in the toilet.

Nothing.

Blogger Kat said...

that picture of the toilet in your yard makes me think of the saying, 'You might be a redneck if...'

So glad to hear you were able to get rid of the smell! Eeek!

Blogger Lisa said...

I wonder who picked up your stuff? So glad you put in a photo because that is really funny. :-)

Blogger Elizabeth said...

I can't stop laughing about the toilet. Kami would stroke the fuck out if she lived by you. LOLOLOL

Blogger roxie said...

And that is how toilets become planters, tee hee hee!

Blogger roxie said...

p.s. I'm so glad you had a fantastic day, I did too. Luby's Rocks!

Blogger Fightin' Mad Mary said...

I bet one of your neighbors has a blog that says something like this "Can you believe that one of my neighbors put a toliet in the front yard?" that would be really funny!
My neighbor just put a port-a-potty in his front yard, I like yours better!

Blogger pack of 2 said...

I'm glad the smell is gone from your house...now let's hope nobody uses that toilet...LOL

Shangie

Post a Comment

<< Home