www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nap Queen. Make your own badge here.

Thursday, March 23, 2006
Hypothetical..
All of you have made me feel better about my cleaning habits. We bust out the mop every few months or so, otherwise it's vacuum up the dirt and hair and wipe down the rest. I'm jealous of those of you with maids. Anyone in Austin have a good one they'd like to recommend?

So here's my hypothetical exchange....Say you're a guy in your mid-thirties and you're telling a woman you work with that she looks like Elizabeth Montgomery (don't laugh) and let's just say, that the woman you are talking to is 29. And let's say this woman doesn't know who EM is, and you say, "Oh, do you remember Bewitched? You're IN YOUR THIRTIES, RIGHT?" Um, no sir, I AM NOT IN MY THIRTIES. I am 29. 29!!!!!!!!! Then he gives me, I mean HER, the, "Oh, it's just because you're so mature for your age." Whatever. I have no problems turning 30......when I turn 30. But up until I turn 30, I'm 29 and therefore in my 20s. Not that I'm the woman in that hypothetical situation or anything........


18 Comments:

Blogger Lilah Mum said...

Ha!!! That's hilarious. Of course, if it happened to me, I probably wouldn't think so. I get offended enough being called Mam.

Blogger Tammy said...

You crack me right up. I dreaded being 30 because I didn't want to be considered "old". But in the 2 months, I've been 30, it's been great!

You really don't know who Elizabeth Montgomery is? How about Farrah Fawcet?

Blogger Fabnormal said...

I should of told you last night, but ME, I would roundhouse kick him in the mouf'.

Blogger Spikey1 said...

I hate getting called SIR!

Blogger Sarcomical said...

oh my god. i am RIGHT there with you, babe! ;)

and oh please tell me you aren't saying you didn't watch bewitched.

Blogger Kat said...

People need to learn that sometimes it's best if they just don't talk at all. :)

I held onto 29 until the exact hour on the day of my birthday that I was born. :)

Blogger Michelle said...

Is his name Scott?

Yea MommyMe and Scott are talking. Something came up to which I said well I wasn't born until '77. Scott then says What? I was born in '73 and I thought you were older than me!!EXCUSE ME but WTF? I look older than you at 32? I'm 28!! Then I got the whole well you are the same age as my sister and you act so much more mature than she does.

Pshhhh Whatever!

Blogger Melanie said...

I am slowly creeping up on 31. Thirty isn't bad...

Blogger Unknown said...

The eyebrows, right?

Can you wiggle your nose?

Blogger Lori said...

Hey, there are definitely worse people that you could resemble!

Plus, I happen to think of the 30s as the "sexy" decade. I think women get better with age. I can't wait until I'm there!

Blogger pack of 2 said...

Well then, you probably don't want to hear that I am 37 & still get carded...Er...Yeah, I didn't think you did...LOL!

Nap Queen...I swear 30's are GREAT!!! C'mon over...don't be scared:)

See you on the other side...;)

Shelly

Blogger Kami said...

www.themaidsservingaustin.com

You, I mean she, didn't know who EM was? Wow.

30 is okay, honey. If I were there, I'd throw you a big party.

Blogger Norman said...

But look at it this way:

Elizabeth Montgomery was very pretty.

And if anyone ever tells you that you look like Barbara Eden, just HUG them.

And I've never been more comfortable with myself as when I hit 30....it ain't so bad!

Blogger Lisa said...

Men are horrible at guessing a woman's age. Don't take it personally. They just are. :-)

Blogger Lucky Lum said...

I have cleaning ladies that I LOVE! They do a fabulous job, totally trustworthy, and a good price. plus they do a deep clean every 6 weeks.
I'll email you the info.

Blogger roxie said...

there is nothing wrong with being in your thirties, I wouldn't go back to my twenties for anything

Blogger roxie said...

um, you so don't look like her

Blogger Isabel said...

I love Elizabeth Montgomery. I would just take that compliment and forget that the guy is an ass for assuming you are THAT OLD. YUCK!

Post a Comment

<< Home