www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nap Queen. Make your own badge here.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006
Stuff and Junk and More Stuff
I have been so very busy lately, I just can't seem to find time to update my blog. And I don't really find that I have much to say these days. Nothing worth typing, at least. My sister and I rode 37 miles on Saturday (it was a gorgeous day, with NO wind which made things so much easier). I was surprised at how not-dead I felt afterwards. I really think it was the lack of wind. Wind is the devil when you're riding a bike. I also co-hosted a baby shower for my best friend on Sunday. It was a lot of fun, and of course she raked in the stuff. She is going to have the best dressed kid around.

Nothing has been done on the house. We're waiting on bids for the drywall and flooring to be submitted to the insurance company, blah, blah, blah....For now, we just have a gaping hole in the bathroom wall, and we keep the door to the guest room shut. Funny thing, though, the cats have been going into the hole in the bathroom, then through the hole in the guest room wall and getting "stuck" in the room. Why they can't just go out the way they came, I don't know. We end up hearing a cat meowing at the top of their lungs and there they are, sitting in the guest room. DUDE, go back out through the bathroom.

I've watched a few movies in the past couple of days. The Squid and the Whale, disturbing yet funny. Jeff Daniels was really, really good. And I always love Laura Linney. A History of Violence, which I thought was HIGHLY overrated. The ending was tooooo abrupt, and there wasn't enough development of his original life for the ending to even mean anything. Not to mention the almost-rape-turned-into-monkey-sex-scene which I HATED. I cannot stand that shit AT ALL. It really just makes my stomach turn, and it perpetuates "no-means-yes". Can you tell I wasn't impressed?

Other than that, I dusted the crap out of my house last night---even the top of the fridge. Wheee! I'm starting a huge de-clutter project in my house. Knick-knacks (sp anyone?) be damned. I'm sick of shit just sitting around on a shelf collecting dust, so they're out. Everything is either going to be sold at a garage sale or given to Goodwill. It really feels good to purge old crap that doesn't serve a purpose.

Hope I can come up with some good/funny/interesting stuff to blog about soon. I'm bored (that doesn't mean I want another pipe to burst, mind you.....)


12 Comments:

Blogger Liberal Banana said...

I just watched A History of Violence as well and SO did not like it. It's weird when the sex scenes disturb me more than the violence scenes, but I'm totally with you on the near-rape scene. SO not cool. I thought I was going to puke watching it. And was the full frontal nudity afterwards really necessary? Holy crap.

After that Netflix sent me the much lighter Aladdin. That one is good times, I tell ya. Just got it for nostalgia purposes and boy did it do the trick.

Next up? Meet the Fockers, which I also heard was not so great, but I'm gonna give it a shot.

Blogger Kat said...

Silly girl, of COURSE the cats can't go back the way they came. How unoriginal would that be? :)

My big cat 'discovered' the door from my bedroom to the bathroom that I've kept locked for the entire two years I've lived there because the litter box is on the other side. He meowed at the door all night and kept trying to get it open.

Cats are weird. :)

Blogger Unknown said...

Can you come dust my house next?

I don't wanna.

Blogger roxie said...

That reminds me of when Oscar used to PULL open a cabinet door and climb inside. Then he couldn't figure out how to PUSH it open and would sit in there and cry like a baby. I haven't seen A History of Violence yet but the Rape-Turns-Into-Sex scene in 9 1/2 weeks made me angry and sick. It perpetuates the myth that women just need a little rough convincing. Yeah Right.

Blogger Isabel said...

Sorry you are bored. I hate that.

Maybe you should go and look for an adventure. It seems like when I was youger I would try to do that. Always turnd out good.

Blogger Lilah Mum said...

I totally agree with you about A History of Violence. I mean, I personally have never hated someone, been attacked by them, and then have it turn into hot sex on the staircase. That's just completely ridiculous. And, the whole movie, I kept wondering, "Okay, is this the plot?" At the end, I realized, there wasn't one. Hated it. My significant other thought it was pretty good......

Blogger Kami said...

I *LOVE* getting rid of crap. LOVE IT.

Blogger Tammy said...

The cats can get out of the room. They just too lazy to go out that way. They know you will come and let them out. Damn cats.

Blogger Lisa said...

Your critters crack me up! And kudos to you for riding so many miles. Wow. How do you not get a sore butt from all of that. I sit on a bike for like 10 minutes and my butt is all sore.

Blogger Spikey1 said...

Have you seen my blog?

Blogger Fabnormal said...

Glad the baby shower went well! Did the snobby girls show up?

Blogger Lucky Lum said...

I think we all get the blogging blahs every now and then.

Post a Comment

<< Home