www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nap Queen. Make your own badge here.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006
Quick Post About Nothing
1) If you go see one movie for the rest of the year, go see Little Miss Sunshine. Holy crap. It was funny and sweet and sad and happy all in one. Mostly funny, though.
2) What the hell is Blogger Beta and why do I care?
3) I am a shitty typist and that's not good for this project I'm working on.
4) I am getting a 1 hour massage on Tuesday to work on all the knots in my neck and shoulders from so much typing. Cannot wait.
5) My mom has a friend with a beach condo, and if the friend okays it, the hubs and I are going to spend 5 days there FOR FREE. She doesn't know us, though, so it might not happen.
6) It's raining and I LOVE it. I love the rain.
7) I'm doing a detox "diet" (I hate to call it that) and I haven't had caffiene, bread, meat, cheese, sugar, etc for 6 days now. What have I had? A TON of fruit and vegetables, brown rice, tofu, beans, water, soy milk, yogurt, etc. Does it work? Well, I definitely had a "detox" moment that we won't go into, and I don't feel as bloated, I'm sure from the lack of bread. I have lost about 4 pounds (probably all water weight, but whatever). I feel like my body will thank me.
8) I'm going on my lunch break, so I'll check back in a few days.


15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

let me know if that works out for you!
I need a diet. I need diet beer. Not lite beer but diet beer. Atkins beer. Weight watchers beer, Jenny beer. Somefrigginkindabeer.
jsull

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw Little Miss Sunshine and loved it.

And I may have to try your detox diet, although going without caffeine for even a few hours may completely incapacitate me.

Good luck with the "diet". Let us know how it goes! No idea what beta is. Yay for massages!

Blogger Me said...

Ooo the guilt. When I do the Atkins Induction to detox I feel SOOOO good and my body thanks me. However, it's a real mental leap to commit and be stringent and read every label so not to accidently have sugar (did you know there was sugar in frozen green beans!? LOL).

I KNOW I need/want to do this again but so far I've managed to convince myself I'm just too busy to bother right now. Ack. I know it's not true. LOL.

Blogger Beta is a real bitch for us non beta bloggers the comments are not working!

I want to see that Movie!

Good luck on the diet!

Have a great day!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard lots of good reviews about Little Miss Sunshine. I need to go see it.

Don't go to Beta. You'll just be Bloggers guinea pig. :-)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so, is there a restaurant we can go to where you can eat stuff that's allowed on your diet? do you like it when I end questions with prepositions?

Blogger Kat said...

Good for you and your detox diet! 6 days is awesome willpower! I should probably do one myself after all the eating and drinking over the weekend. nah, I like my beer too much. :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need a detox week, but I'd rather do it at a spa. A spa that lets me sleep late and watch reruns of Gilmore Girls and I get a massage every day.

Blogger Unknown said...

The real question though is how is that detox thingie affecting your poop?

That's just the kind of stuff we need to know.

Blogger Tammy said...

1. Will need to see that.
2. I dunno. I'm trying to figure it out too.
3. Why can't Summation have spell check?
4. I hate to be touched.
5. Can I come?
6. I so love the rain.
7. Just please tell me the detox didn't happen at work.
8. You crack my shit right up.

Blogger Lisa said...

Can't wait to see Little Miss Sunshine. Especially now that you loved it so much. Congrats on the weightloss. Couldn't give up sugar, meat or bread.

Blogger SuburbanMom said...

ack! I want to see little miss sunshine. I'm totally jealous about the beach. Oh and the massage. I totally need one.

Blogger Undercover Mother said...

I haven't eaten meat since 1990, and my body hasn't missed it. I still do caffeine though. I haven't hit personal bottom yet so I'm not giving that one up yet.

Blogger Unknown said...

Going on a lunchbreak and coming back in few days is my kinda lunch.

Good luck withe the detox.

Post a Comment

<< Home