www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nap Queen. Make your own badge here.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006
The Big 3-0
B-day Update: I had a really nice dinner with my family and closest girlfriends. It was really nice. My hubs got me a 3 hour spa package from Jackson Ruiz! Sweet! It's a facial, body polish/massage, hand and foot treatments, plus it comes with full size products too! I tried to upload photos, but blogger won't let me :(

I'm back from Chicago, and today's the day! I'm 30 and that's okay with me. I'm excited to see what my 30s will be all about. I met some of my best blogging friends last Friday for a b-day happy hour and I had so much fun!

They are all hilarious and fun and their labor stories are awesome. Now I REALLY don't want kids (totally kidding.....kind of....).

My trip was really fun, and even though I still hate flying (not at all helped by the CRAPPY landing in Chicago--I saw other people looking quite nervous as well, so it wasn't just me), it was worth it to see Weezie. She took me to lunch for my birthday, and we were able to catch up on the last 3-4 months. I miss talking to her everyday. She is one of the nicest and funniest people I have ever met.

I also got to see D, whom I met when we were case clerks at the firm. She just passed the bar, so she's an attorney now! She and her boyfriend took me to Lula for dinner which was really good. I ate like a piggy.

It was so good to see her too, and she was amazed that I actually hopped on a plane to come see her! The weather was god awful. It thunderstormed and even hailed when we were getting in her car to go to dinner. (You can see the wet street behind us, and her boyfriend's cigarette smoke in the foreground). Here are some photos from the next day (which was beautiful).


I just love that town!!! I'm off to get my hair done for my birthday dinner! Talk to ya later.



17 Comments:

Blogger TheStolenOlive said...

Happy Birthday! May your 30s be grand.

Looks like you had fun up there, I think I may have to go visit someday.

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you are having a great time turning 20-10!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks like fun
pretty friends too!!!
j

Blogger Fabnormal said...

hooray! Hope you had a wonderful birthday! And glad your plane didn't crash or nuthin....:)

Blogger Cara said...

I'm so glad you had a good time in Chicago and didn't have too many traumatic plane experiences! I hope you had a great birthday yesterday :) So was your man keeping a secret afterall?

Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you had fun! I'm bummed we didn't get to see each other!!!! Just another reason for me to fly home for a weekend...

Happy birthday ya old hag! ;)

Blogger Isabel said...

Looks like you had fun.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

(you're so pretty!)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exciting! The 10th anniversary of your 20th birthday!

You know, I've always heard that your 30s are the best years of your life--I hope you prove that fact!

Blogger Kat said...

Happy Birthday!!!! 30 is a lot of fun, trust me! :) Kudos on braving the plane trips. :)

Blogger Lilah Mum said...

Wow!!! Happy Birthday! Awesome about Chicago - my brother just moved there, so I hope I'll be able to go visit soon. D looks great, too! Different, and so...grownup.

Blogger Kami said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Blogger SuburbanMom said...

Those are wonderful pictures! Happy birthday -- the 30s are awesome :)

Blogger The Old Lady said...

Good Luck on the first day on the new job! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn you're old. Just kidding. I'm older than you so there's something to always remind yourself so you feel much better. Carrie reminds me all the time.

Actually I did like turning 30. It's the years after that are a little rough!

Happy (now very belated) Birthday!

Blogger Lucky Lum said...

30s will rock just like you my dear!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was out of town and unable to read blogs, so I'm late in wishing you a FABULOUSLY happy birthday!! Looks like a lot of fun in Chicago-- too bad we couldn't coordinate a meeting in O'Hare! Next time...

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope the evening was fab! And...you got to spend it with Jackie! I'm so jealous...

Post a Comment

<< Home