www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nap Queen. Make your own badge here.

Saturday, November 11, 2006
In and Out of a Funk
Once again, I'm getting not-so-subtle hints from SFG about posting. I swear, I can't believe she hasn't given up on me considering I'm such a bad post-er and comment-er. I've been in a bit of a funk lately. I guess it's because I'm having to get used to a new commute, a new set of coworkers and a new job. Here's what's been happening.

* I went to the dentist a few weeks ago, and had my first two cavities EVER. Boo. I just got
them filled. It's not bad at all. I'm just sad I broke my streak. My good friend called me yuck-mouth. I also had a chip in my front tooth, and since the enamel was also chipped, insurance paid to have it bonded. Sweet! Chip be gone!

* The new job is great. I can't believe they're paying me to do what I do. It's mind boggling, really. Of course, we're in the slow season. Next spring might be terrible. I'm already doing work for clients, so that's good? Right?

* I set a date for the naked photos. Eeeek. Two weeks and counting.

* I found my new favorite wine. I go in and out of phases with keeping wine in the house, but this is good if you like pretty dry, not sweet white wine. It's only about $11.99, too:


* This weekend, I walked eight miles, pruned the plants in the front flower bed, did ALL the laundry in the house in addition to HANGING IT ALL UP. Sometimes I impress myself.

* Today, I decided to use a ton of coupons that were about to expire. I had one for a free bag at DSW:

for buying these two pairs of shoes. One pair of heels and a pair of flats. I also had $10 off:

I used a buy-one-get-one-free at Bath and Body works (thanks Lucky!), and I got $5 off at the grocery store.

* My hubs and I decided this week that he and I are having Thanksgiving just the two of us. I'm going to Central Market and ordering dinner for two, buying a bottle of wine, baking a pie and calling it done. I can hardly wait.

I honestly can't think of anything of interest going on right now. I feel as though I'm SO boring.


19 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I am SO envious of your Thanksgiving plans. Sounds fabulous. Can't wait to hear how the nakey pics go.

(My husband saw your photo and he's volunteered to be the photographer for those... heehee.)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why can't I find good coupons like that? Damn girl...

Nekkid pics, eh? Uh, special occasion?

Blogger Fabnormal said...

Well lookie who decided to get off her lazy ass and post! :P

Just kidding. I've been missing you though!

Blogger Unknown said...

Nice bag and shoes, chickie!!!

I can't wait to see your nekkid pics...I'm gonna make Lucky do me some too!

Blogger The Old Lady said...

Miss you!!!! I'm right there with ya with not much to say. New job on this end is great even though there are growing pains.

keep in touch

Blogger Kami said...

Your turkey day will be so fabulous! Have fun with the nekkid photos!

Blogger Lilah Mum said...

Nothing exciting? Good wine, new shoes, and naked photos....sounds pretty exciting to me. I like the Thanksgiving plans - we're staying in too. I like the idea of ordering in.....maybe we'll do what we did last year and have Thanksgiving dinner at Champs and watch football!

You are my hero. girl you rock your nekkid photos will be beautiful!

I am glad you posted!

Blogger Kelly said...

Great update! Your Thanksgiving sounds awesome! Enjoy!

Blogger Lori said...

Yay for shopping. I'm so glad you're happy at your new job.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know? That sounds like a good idea for Thanksgiving. A really good idea. And then...after the turkey and wine...a long nap.

Blogger Kat said...

You are so going to have to share the nekkid photos. Kami shared hers. :P

Woot for a new bag and new shoes! I think your Thanksgiving plans sound awesome!:)

Blogger TheStolenOlive said...

We missed you at Blowout. I love that purse! I need a new one.

And oh by the way... if you really like that wine... you might want to stock up between now and June 30th. The price is going up July 1st.

Ah, the secrets you can find out when you work for the liquor company.

Blogger Isabel said...

We need to get DSW out here in Seattle. Great shoes and bag.

Glad you're loving the new job. Good for you.

(and what's the story with the nekkid photos? Did I miss something?)

Blogger Me said...

There's a new post!??? OMG I had given up on you. ;)

Blogger SuburbanMom said...

Wait a minute...naked photos? I missed that...do tell :)

Blogger Unknown said...

cute shoes :)

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Am I gonna have to get the cattle prod out?

Hmmmmm?????

Blogger roxie said...

um, tag: http://bwatail.blogspot.com/2006/12/six-weird-things.html

Post a Comment

<< Home