www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nap Queen. Make your own badge here.

Saturday, December 09, 2006
Bet You Weren't Expecting a Post!
That is, if you still read this. I need to get back in the groove of blogging. I just seemed to have lost my mojo when the whole job switch thing happened. I actually think I did most of my blogging from my old job, and I can't blog from my new job. It's just not going to happen.

So here's what's happening with me. We have a contractor coming over today to give us a bid on flooring (same guy that did TxMom's family room). My parents are going to lend me the money for wood if it's not too expensive. We desperately need new floors. In fact, the carpet was so bad, we just did this:


We ripped that shit right up. I can't tell you how much better it made me feel. He's also going to tell me how much it would be to replace that tile in the left of that photo and put tile in the kitchen. In addition, some of you might remember this antique window I bought last year:


I'm going to see if he can replace my bathroom window with it.

We also have a new refrigerator coming today to replace this piece of crap:

It came with the house, and it's probably from the 80s. The ice thingy on the front doesn't work, and you can't fit anything in the freezer side. I HATE side by sides. Here is what we are getting:


I CANNOT wait. It's not stainless, but "Ultra Satin" which is more of a matte finish so it doesn't show all the smudges like a Target bathroom door (have you seen how nasty those are?).

Other than that, I'm almost done with my Christmas shopping, although I don't have our tree up. This is about all I've done in the way of decorating:



Nice. The screen serves as our mantle and card holder every year since we don't have a fireplace/mantle.

And last but not least, I did my nakey photos! Of course, you'll never see them unless you come to my house. You can ask TxMom, Molly, Cara or Jackie what they really think. They all got to see them at girl's night!!!


12 Comments:

I was suprised to see a post, but glad for the update.

Good luck with the estimate!

And I love the screen with the stockings. Very nice!

And the naked photos you are brave and I am sure they are fabulous!

Blogger Lisa said...

Yeay. SO happy to hear from you... So what do YOU think of the nakey photos. And what did the honey think?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that window and that screen. Damn girl...when I move I'm going to have you decorate my new place.

I'll post again one day.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY thanks for posting! We miss you but no pressure!! :) I'm so glad you went through with the nakey photos-- I'm sure they're beautiful and greatly appreciated by the hubby!

Good luck on the home improvement projects-- I'm sure they'll look FABULOUS soon!

Blogger Fabnormal said...

We all thought you were hot hot hot! :)

Blogger The Old Lady said...

New Fridge makes all the difernce! I loved my kitchen so much more once I got my new fridge!

So what did the Nap King think of the photos?

Blogger Kami said...

WOW! I will see those nekkid photos one day.

Blogger Lori said...

It's funny, I'd just checked by on Friday. Your fridge looks lovely (isn't it weird how appliances can be exciting when you're an adult?) and I sure know what you mean about the Tarjay bathroom doors.

Blogger SuburbanMom said...

I love the mat!

Blogger Unknown said...

Holy shit.

She lives.

Thanks for the update! I know, from my happy hour updates, that you are still alive but it's good to "hear" your voice!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the new fridge.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!

Post a Comment

<< Home