www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nap Queen. Make your own badge here.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006
Merry Whatever-You-Celebrate
Just a little something to make you laugh:

Merry Christmas! Yes, I'm the happy looking child on the right with the blue sheet on her head (the sheet really resembles a nun's habit, don't you think?). I know we were playing the nativity at my grandparents house, and I suspect my sister made me be Joseph which would explain my surly facial expression.

How is your holiday season coming along? I painted my kitchen (it was orange...see the new fridge? And that row of tile is what will be going in soon):


I'm about to cry because my cat is spending the night at the specialty hospital after having surgery on her knee (that's her sitting in my lap):


She dislocated her knee and she tore her ACL (ligament), to the tune of $1300. She's fine and will come home tomorrow, but I'm having a delayed reaction, and just NOW feel like crying. Poor thing has to be confined to a room for 6-8 weeks, and that is NOT going to go over well. One day at a time, I suppose.

UPDATE: Here's my poor kitty. At least she's eating, that's a good sign. She's already trying to get out of her room, which doesn't bode well for the next 6 weeks.


I finally got the tree up:


and have all our cards hanging up with the stockings:

and now, I guess I'm just tired. I'm finished buying all my gifts, and this year I tried really hard not to get caught up in the horrid "perfect gift" trap. I give what I give, and if people don't like it then they can take it back. I put thought into it, sure, but I'm just done worrying about it. I made beaded ornaments for my coworkers. Here's one that I think a few people might appreciate:
If I don't talk to you before Christmas, have a wonderful whatever-you-celebrate. Oh, and thanks to those of you who sent cards. I LOVED seeing your families and children!!


10 Comments:

Have a great holiday!

Blogger Cara said...

Yay, you updated! I was just thinking today that it had been a long time since you'd posted anything.

That picture is hilarious - and yes, it looks like a nun habit!I bet it sucked sometimes being the younger sibling. You always get stuck with the crappy job. Luckily, I had a younger brother I got to pick on.

I am tres jealous of your kitchen. Love the wall color, love the cabinet stain and love the fridge!

I hope your kitty gets better soon. My brother tore his ACL and I know that that surgery on a human is not cheap at all, so it doesn't surprise me that it's that much for a cat. At least she only has to spend one night there. BTW, how in the hell does a cat tear their ACL?

Have a great Christmas and see you a week from Saturday!

Blogger Tammy said...

That ornament is da bomb!!

Poor kitty. How in the world did she do that?

Your tree is beautiful.

Blogger Elizabeth said...

I so sympathize with the kitty plight. Poor thing.

Your tree looks fab.

Love the new kitchen.

Your face in the first pic is priceless.

Blogger Lori said...

I hope you kitty is better soon.

That is a very cool ornament and I love how you used you screen to hold the cards.

Blogger Kat said...

sorry to hear about the kitty! Poor little thing! At least she's on the road to recovery! :)

Love your tree! :)

Blogger Kelly said...

I hope your kitty is better soon! LOVE the kitchen color - you've done so much with your home this year!

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope Santa brings kittty a speedy recovery! Merry Christmas!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that paint color! And the tile...whenever I get my place you are going to have to come over and pick everything out.

Damn...they sure shaved your cat.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh...and I love the beaded ornament...I made wire wrapped stars...I'll have to take a pic. They turned out great and they are easy to do!

Post a Comment

<< Home