www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nap Queen. Make your own badge here.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005
Letter to the Handyman Company
Hello-

John and Jane Doe came over today to install 2 vanities/faucets and baseboards. After inspecting the bathrooms more thoroughly, we feel as though they did a rather shoddy job for $600. Here are just some of the issues:

-Neither vanity is secured to the wall, and one moves rather freely. The vanity tops are also not secured to the vanity bottoms.

-One faucet leaks and doesn't drain properly.

-The shelf under one vanity had to be cut to make room for the plumbing. It was cut very haphazardly.

-The baseboards were cut crookedly, some were obviously cut too short, and all the corners are filled up with caulk. There are nails sticking out of them, as well.

We would like another handyman, NOT John and Jane to come inspect their work, and let us know if this is the kind of work that your company generally offers. We feel as though we could have done this level of work ourselves, so we hired professionals to do it better. If this is the level of work that is normally provided, then we would like our money back. Please correspond with us through email, not on the phone.

Thanks,
Nappy

Needless to say, I am pissed. At first glance it looked okay, but on further inspection it's just unacceptable. Good thing this place has a guarantee on labor in case anything is installed incorrectly. I just wanted a working bathroom by this evening, and now who knows how long it will take. The Rockstar thought he smelled last night's alcohol on homie's breath, too! ARGH.


13 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

Oh, no they didn't. I would have them do it again. I hate people who do that.

Blogger Mama Duck said...

Ohhhhhhhhh, yeah. That needs to be taken care of.

I'm having nightmares about our house (and bad workmanship!) now!!!

Blogger Isabel said...

That is just totally crazy. I would be on the phone FIRST thing to have someone else come out and fix it.

Good luck!

Blogger Lisa said...

Awwwww. NOT GOOD. I am angry for you! I hope you chew them a new one and get it fixed.

Blogger Me said...

Obviously unacceptable. MUST be redone.

Blogger Kami said...

UGH! OMG!

I would be pissed too!

Give it to them Nappy!Hope they come and fix it all soon!

Blogger SuburbanMom said...

oh that sucks. They better come back and fix that schniznit.

Blogger Lori said...

Oh, jeez. I hope they get it fixed!

Blogger Lilah Mum said...

You know you work in the legal field when you demand everything in writing. (:

Blogger Kat said...

I would be so ticked. Chew them a new one girl!!! Hope everything gets fixed!

Blogger charles blunt said...

Where did you find your contractors .Sounds like OJT .I hope they make it better and not worse when they come back . Good luck.

Blogger Kether said...

noooooooooooo!

I can't stand bad workmanship. What the hell am I paying other people for? I can mess it up myself, thank you very much. If I wanted it to look like crap, I'd do it and save my money.

Post a Comment

<< Home