www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nap Queen. Make your own badge here.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006
Hooray!
I just talked to (well, emailed with) Flutter regarding the Blog Blowout in Austin in February. I'm so excited!! I hope as many of you as possible can make it.

I'm also excited about the email I just received from the Handyman Company I have been bitching about lately. Here is the text of said email:


Nap Queen,

Thank you for working with me. I'll mail a check to you today for $200.
I sincerely apologize that this has occurred on your job. It is
obviously not our intention to provide "amateur" work. It is sometimes
difficult to work with angles that can be out of plumb (an alternative
to caulk is home purpose "bond-o").


John Doe #1 is no longer with our company and I guess John Doe #2
needs to learn about going the extra mile (especially when a mistake has
already occurred) or get a vision test.
I am sorry if this has disrupted your family around the holidays.

Manager-Guy

Needless to say, I am quite pleased. Once I get that check in my hands, I can then turn around and spend it on a plumber to fix all the issues with the faucet installation and hopefully get someone to fix up the baseboards. I am usually such a wuss (I'm a true Libra "can't we all just get along?"), so I'm happy I spoke up!


11 Comments:

Blogger Kami said...

YEA for you! I suck at speaking up.

Blogger Lisa said...

GOOD FOR YOU! I am so happy for you that you spoke up and you did so in a very dignified way.

You are my hero. heehee.

Blogger Spikey1 said...

I'm a Libra and I do it all the time! Way to go.

thank goodness you got some money back. Good luck on getting the issues fixed.

Cant wait for Austin. We are going to have a blast!

Blogger Mama Duck said...

Fabulous!!! That's good that you kept on them and got them to accept responsibility!

Blogger Me said...

I'm thinking he should have sent that check WITH the apology! :)

But I'm still darn happy for ya. Let us know when you get the money in hand!

Blogger Tammy said...

Wow. So the handyman company calls you Nap Queen too, huh? :)

Very happy for you. You go girl!

Blogger Isabel said...

Hooray. Too bad it had to come to this in the first place.

Blogger Kat said...

Good for you for standing your ground! :)

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Good for you for taking care of business. I am normally a big wimp about that shit.

Blogger Kelly said...

LMAO at the vision test comment! Did he really say that? LOL

Good for you!

Post a Comment

<< Home