www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nap Queen. Make your own badge here.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006
Happy New Year
Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful New Year's Eve. We watched the 40-Year-Old Virgin, had a glass of champagne and it was lights out by 12:30 am. Here are some of my thoughts and ideas about the upcoming year.

1) This is the year I turn 30. Eeeek! I had lots of hopes and plans for myself for age 30. I guess I still have time, but it's a tickin'.
2) My first wedding anniversary is coming up a month from tomorrow. I can't believe it's been a year already! I love marriage so far (minus the scratched Calphalon incident).
3) I'm going to try to be less insecure. I am smart. I am capable. I need to remember this.
4) I'm going to try to worry less. My house is not going to burn down, seriously.
5) We will finish fixing up our house and have people over more often. The dogs will just have to deal with it.
6) Ah, the dogs. If $$ permits, I'm going to find a behaviorist that will come to our home and work with our insano dogs.
7) I am going to try to go to yoga class twice a week. Cary at Gold's Gym by my house is a yoga god, and despite what most people think, it's a cardio and strength training workout all rolled into one.

Nothing too severe, nothing I can't handle.

Some of you might remember the post where I told the world that I was riding in the 2006 Hill Country Ride for AIDS. Well, my blogging friends, my sister and I woke our asses up at 7:30 on Saturday and rode 20 miles. We're not as concerned as we were last time because they have changed the ride to a 1 day, 60-70 mile ride instead of a 2 day, 120 mile ride. I came to the following conclusions:

1) Riding a bike is hard when you've taken a few (okay, more than a few) months off.
2) I need a new bike seat because my ass still hurts today.
3) I love the way I feel when I exercise.
4) I love the way I feel when I set a goal I really care about and achieve it.
5) I like feeling strong.
6) I don't like feeling jiggly.

I will post more later about the handyman saga. They offered me half of what I asked for, and I said thanks but no thanks. I am still negotiating my refund. Rat bastards.


14 Comments:

Blogger Kami said...

I don't like feeling jiggly, either. 30 is fun. I turn 20-11 next month!

Blogger Lori said...

Advice from my pro-cyclist (not really) SO - it's probably not the seat - the more you ride the less it will hurt. He swears. It's always bad the first time on in awhile.

Blogger SuburbanMom said...

Very cool! I hate jiggly myself :)

Blogger Melanie said...

Jiggly=Bad. Feeling Strong=Good.

Livestrong.

Blogger Lucky Lum said...

Great ideas for the new year!
Way to go on the cycling goal... everytime I see people cycling up & down 360 I am truly amazed as to how they can ride so far and up all those big hills! I wouldn't make it to the top of my street. rock on!

Good luck with those handyman. Give it to them Nappy and get what you want.

We watched 40 year old virgin last weekend. Hilarious.

Oh and I posted about the Blog Blowout next month come and check it out. I need your help.

Blogger Tammy said...

I don't like feeling jiggly either, but do most of the time.

I turn 30 this year as well - really in 16 days. UGH!

Blogger Isabel said...

It sounds like you have some good things planned for 2006.

And don't worry about turning 30. I did it in 2005 and it wasn't bad at all.

Way to go on riding 20 miles. I'm impressed!!

Blogger zuhn said...

Wow, I wish I could come up with goals like that - all responsible, empowering and the like.

I agree with lori's pro-cyclist advice, it's not so much the seat that needs to be changed as getting used to the pressure. Sometimes adjusting the angle and the height of the seat will do wonders too.

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Damn, I am impressed with the bike riding. Not sure my ass could take that.

Blogger Lori said...

Go girl! Your ass will feel better soon.

You are beautiful, capable, smart, and funny. Believe it. Repeat as needed.

I can't wait for 30, personally. 30 seems ideal to me. I'm excited for you!

Blogger Spikey1 said...

I don't like cycling for that reason... my bony ass kills after! Way to go. You can cycle and I can run beside you next time.

Blogger Kat said...

Honestly, since I've turned 30, I've been having more fun than I've had in years. Kudos on the bike ride - that's awesome!

Blogger pack of 2 said...

Happy New Year! You're going to love your 30's!

Angie

Post a Comment

<< Home